• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By jimfree

Thread: Thrive Going, Going ... Not Quite Gone

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times

Thrive Going, Going ... Not Quite Gone

Alas, woe is me! My grandson finally got around to cracking the screen across one corner, about 3 inches from the corner. Not sure if he dropped it just right or stepped on it. He has done both a number of times I know of. Still working I figure I'll put a screen protector on it and turn it into a clock or photo slide show. Just leave it in the dock. Fortunately for the grandson, I had my wife's old iPad laying around and that has now become his. I think the Thrive is well past its prime but can still serve a functional purpose! I miss all the activity we used to have on this board.
    JiveTurkee, Torrid, SHADO and 1 others like this.

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Me too. I still come by to see what is going on in the Thrive world. Not much I'm afraid. My wife uses it exclusively to watch Netflix and play a couple games. It was a viable device at one time but time marches on.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    371 times
    My Thrive is still working(slowing down a bit) but used the camera on my Alaskan cruise last September and still working just fine.
    Yes, I miss the good old days when we had a lot of energy here in helping/developing our Thrive Tablets.
    Time does March on by and will eventually let it go and upgrade to either the new Samsung 7 edge or a new tablet.
    Dennis
    Dennis

DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    "In Memory of my wife Donna"

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Yeah, I agree with everything said here. In its prime, this was probably the best board I frequented--easily. My Thrive died sometime ago, after I had given it to my wife. I have moved on as well, but I still like to drop by here from time to time to see if there is any activity. It is too bad that Toshiba didnt keep developing the Thrive. I was really hoping we would be on the Thrive 4 or 5 by now, and that the things that werent perfect with the original would have been improved by now.
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Twitter
    SteveJax
    LOL, I must be one heck of a hanger on. I bought a thrive with a broken screen off ebay and gave it the proud job of being my video server for watching downloaded videos on my 32 inch TV through it's still working HDMI port. I don't touch the screen with a wireless mouse and keyboard at hand.
    Tablet: Toshiba Thrive AT100 10.1 32gb
    ROM: DaleNet Deodexed ICS ROM
    Firmware: 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.39.4-g2388484 android-toshiba@tesibuild7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 23 11:22:12 IST 2012
    Build Number: IMM76D.01.00072314

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Liked
    67 times
    I'm still here too, although my contributions were relatively sparse. Still using my THRiVE here and there (right now, in fact), mostly for Netflix and Hulu. The SD card slot is shot, only 1 speaker works, and the HDMI port is dead. But it still looks brand new (I'm very careful with my electronics). I even still swap back panels (have all colors) every so often for a change of pace. Even though I have a smartphone and three other tablets (one Windows and 2 Android) that are much newer, the THRiVE still holds a special place in my heart as my first tablet. I dunno, maybe I'm weird, LOL...

Remove Ads

Ads