• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

cleaning the cache

Good evening all! I've run into a little trouble, ncarver helped me. It worked the first time. I turned on the tablet holding down both the on button and volume, hit the volume to get a box, not android box to left. Then I hit the on button to go down to cache which worked the first time. Now, I just did it again and theon button freezes at rebooting line (first line) but won't move down to cache area, also the box has a big red exclamation mark on it!!! Many thanks for your help....my Best regards to Danv and roslie! Charlotte

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Are you using the volume rocker to move down?

Wipe Cache (safe)

Go into Recovery (after powering down, hold the Volume + and Power Button -- Use Volume rocker to navigate & Power button to select)

Select the large icon with the open box and arrow (don't panic when you see the Andy Android down for the count)

Wipe/clear cache partition

Reboot
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Dear mcarver! Thank you for replying.....yes, I did just as you asked and when I get to the drop down lines, I use the volume button and I cannot move out down to the wipoe out cache...I did notice there is a big red exclamation mark on that green barrel like object! Lol, thanks for ur help! Charlotte

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thank you mcarver! I got it!! Thank you for your help.....I'm a plodder and found out you use the plus and minus as arrows....hagw

Quote Originally Posted by mueller336 View Post
    Dear mcarver! Thank you for replying.....yes, I did just as you asked and when I get to the drop down lines, I use the volume button and I cannot move out down to the wipoe out cache...I did notice there is a big red exclamation mark on that green barrel like object! Lol, thanks for ur help! Charlotte

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Good to hear all is well.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I've never felt the need or thought my Thrive required a cache wipe, but does this dump all saved passwords, game high scores, etc.?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    No, it does not delete any data. Over time, with many app uninstalls and installs, the system's cache can accumulate a lot of useless junk. Clearing can help a device that is getting sluggish. It is similar to clearing temp files in Windows.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Jolly good, thanks.

Remove Ads

Ads