• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

thrive tablet ceases up and has to be rebooted!

Hi all! Happy spring.....I'm back as I need directive, so what's new, but I do listen....I went out and bought a new battery and swap it out every three months....no problem there. Now, she Is starting to freeze and I have to reboot all the time. I clean the temp files everyday which I was told to do! I use this tablet every day and I'm thinking she has come to an end of her life....me too...lol, but in all seriousness I would like to know what to do if there ius something. The tBket does not reboot, but you have to keep your finger on the start button then it closes. Thanks for your assistance in advance, c

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Before we do anything drastic, try the following:

Wipe Cache (safe)

Go into Recovery (after powering down, hold the Volume + and Power Button -- Use Volume rocker to navigate & Power button to select)

Select the large icon with the open box and arrow (don't panic when you see the Andy Android down for the count)

Wipe/clear cache partition

Reboot
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Happens to me all the time I just learned to live with it. Clearing cache did not help mine. I just know that when it ceases to respond to touch input or is slow, I just force reboot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Cheers Zires

Have owned many PDA's and Device from Palm Pilot to Android to Apple. Currently have an Opitimus V, Toshiba Thrive, and an iPad (3rd generation).

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Dear sites: thank you foir your answer! When you reboot, do you put your finger on the volume and start button simultaneously? I've just been closing down and restarting? Please advise and thank you for your help....c

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mueller336 View Post
    Dear sites: thank you foir your answer! When you reboot, do you put your finger on the volume and start button simultaneously? I've just been closing down and restarting? Please advise and thank you for your help....c
    I just hold the power button until my Thrive shuts off then press the power button to turn on. I'm interested in what apps you have installed and what rom? I'm rooted on ics dalep.

Do you experience when you touch the screen it only recognizes input when you double tap?

Cheers Zires

Have owned many PDA's and Device from Palm Pilot to Android to Apple. Currently have an Opitimus V, Toshiba Thrive, and an iPad (3rd generation).

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zires View Post
    I just hold the power button until my Thrive shuts off then press the power button to turn on. I'm interested in what apps you have installed and what rom? I'm rooted on ics dalep.

Do you experience when you touch the screen it only recognizes input when you double tap?

Is there someone that I can call who can talk me through all the steps that I need to go through? Sometimes it is not booting up. Only one of the cameras work at times. How do I get the best ROM possible?

I would like to talk to someone if I can.

Thanks.

Mike in North Charleston SC

Remove Ads

Ads