• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times

Thrive 10 battery prices

I was looking for a battery. Once, long ago, I bought one for about twenty dollars, don't recall where.
    The prices I see now are around sixty. Few exceptions on ebay but I'd be scared to get there, never know if it might have been used or other such junk.
    Any suggestions of a reputable place selling the original batteries?

My Thrive 10 just had a third birthday and I forgot to make it a cake
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    371 times
    I got mine from Amazon.com.
    Rotate them every month.
    Dennis
    Dennis

DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    "In Memory of my wife Donna"

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    I got it too. thanks!
    Now, why the rotation routine?
    I did read long ago in an old post about charge to 50% and put in the frig. Not sure if correct. Any suggestions?
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Refrigeration really doesn't have much effect on life.
    Using the battery is probably the best for it.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am not finding a reasonable battery solution either. I bought 2 extras several years ago and now all 3 are severely degraded. It is sad to say the batteries are worth more money than the thrive! Guess its time to start tablet shopping. I just bought one of the cheap Toshiba quad core laptops and I really like it. $270 for a win laptop with 1tb HD. Any suggestions on a thrive 10 replacement?

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    I am not finding a reasonable battery solution either. I bought 2 extras several years ago and now all 3 are severely degraded. It is sad to say the batteries are worth more money than the thrive! Guess its time to start tablet shopping. I just bought one of the cheap Toshiba quad core laptops and I really like it. $270 for a win laptop with 1tb HD. Any suggestions on a thrive 10 replacement?
    I recently picked up a asus me301t 16gb Tegra 3 for $105. Waiting on an exchange because the refurbishing was not like new. But a solid tablet with good reviews. An upgrade to my Nexus 7 2012.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Cheers Zires

Have owned many PDA's and Device from Palm Pilot to Android to Apple. Currently have an Opitimus V, Toshiba Thrive, and an iPad (3rd generation).

Remove Ads

Ads