• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Need to move from ICS

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Post Need to move from ICS

Hello. I am new to this forum and considering the age of our Thrives...I came here late. I have a 10.1" which I use as my notebook/book a college since I bought it new on September 2011. 3 years later, it has become rather slow and sometimes unresponsive. I have tried everything within its stock capabilities but ICS has always given me problems. I've read around that Jelly Bean is possible. So my question is: How can I improve my Thrive? Honeycomb or Jelly Bean? Or is a rooted ICS the answer? I would like to get the most out of my tablet since it endures heavy use. Specs below:

Toshiba Thrive 10.1"
    Model: AT105 (according to Service Station | AT100 according Settings>About Tablet)
    Android Version: 4.0.4.01.000072314
    Kernel Version: 2.6.39.4-g2388484
    Build Number: IMM76D.01.000072314

Thanks!
    rosalie likes this.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Dalepl's Rooted ICS for me from the minute it was available (actually before, as I was a beta tester).
    I've had no compelling reason whatsoever to "update" it from that.
    "Always giving you problems" can often be cured by a factory reset.
    Last edited by danvee; 09-29-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Welcome to the Forum, LegendaryPuma
    I'm still on dalepl's rooted ICS ROM, but I am going to eventually update with one of Pio_masaki's great JB ROMs. (I keep saying that lol) As Dan said, a factory reset (after backing up any documents, music, photos that aren't already backed up) can cure a lot of ills, and is a good idea to do from time to time, regardless of which ROM you're on
    Last edited by rosalie; 09-30-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Question

So which is better? Rooted ICS or Rooted JB?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    oops, I was composing my post above while you posted yours. dalepl's rooted ICS is the basically the same as stock ICS, except much more stable and smooth. JB is a newer OS and pio's JB ROMs offer more than the stock options as far as features. You can read all about them in his development section to see what might intetest you. Pay attention to the first few posts in each ROM thread, as they'll tell what's included as well as if there's anything that doesn't work on that ROM.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'll give it a read on both offerings. Thanks.
    rosalie likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryPuma View Post
    I'll give it a read on both offerings. Thanks.
    You're welcome!
    Iceman2 likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Did a Factory Reset last night. Did not delete all my user data, since pictures, downloads and some old app data remained. Speed and responsiveness has improved to like new condition. Still getting some of my apps back to see if I can run no problems with this new life I have given to Yumiko. If it fails to deliver, then I will strongly consider rooting for Jellybean

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Exclamation Petition for Thrive Tablet

Hello. I have created a petition on iPetitions to get Toshiba to provide updates to our Thrive tablets. I am too new to be able to post a link, but if you will google up "petition update thrive tablet" you will see it. Perhaps someone else can provide the link here.

Please sign. Let your voice be heard!

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PetitionMom View Post
    Hello. I have created a petition on iPetitions to get Toshiba to provide updates to our Thrive tablets. I am too new to be able to post a link, but if you will google up "petition update thrive tablet" you will see it. Perhaps someone else can provide the link here.

Please sign. Let your voice be heard!
    Don't waste your time. This is a dead issue. Trust me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads