• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Need to move from ICS

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    SHADO is right. These are devices over three years old. Toshiba isn't making money, so there's no incentive for them even just thinking about beyond ICS. If it's to encourage brand loyalty, Toshiba seems to have given up on tablets except for low-end 7" models.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PetitionMom View Post
    Hello. I have created a petition on iPetitions to get Toshiba to provide updates to our Thrive tablets. I am too new to be able to post a link, but if you will google up "petition update thrive tablet" you will see it. Perhaps someone else can provide the link here.

Please sign. Let your voice be heard!
    Good luck with that.

Might as well petition Chevrolet to update the Corvair so the floor pan doesn't rot out, Donald Trump to get a new hair stylist or Coca Cola to bring back the unlamented New Coke. (Don Quixote tilting at windmills)

Toshiba has no financial interest in extending the life of a 3 year old "dinosaur" when even Google no longer provides support for the hardware in them. The hours of coding and development on Toshiba's part would be, literally, throwing good money after bad. Not a wise business decision.

Dreaming, however, is free- Enjoy! 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
    Last edited by danvee; 11-15-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    SHADO likes this.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Dalepl if you read this, I sent you a PM yesterday about possible upgrade. I just got a used mint 32gb thrive10 from Amazon, and low and behold it has the refurb test software. Actually I bought two of them, and will return one and keep one when it comes in this afternoon. Will know something this afternoon. My main goal is the have a close to stock machine. I'm going to use this tab mostly for checking my game cameras which use fullsize SD cards. But some usual functions and apps as well. Will need MX Player for viewing AVI vids from the cameras. I do really like this tab, it's not quite as large and cumbersome as I was interpreting on my research. I do have a bunch of Apple gear, and don't mess with Android too much. This Thrive was cheap, as well as accessories are very cheap too...sweet ! (ps I wonder why the return key doesn't work for this forum..first time I've seen that...sorry about the cramming lol )

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    You should easily be able to get a refund, as those engineering builds were never meant to have left the repair facility.

He hasn't been around for some time, so a response shouldn't be expected.

He's given us the necessary tools : [TOOL] Reflashing Your AT100/105 Device When It Will Not Boot

Everything that you're going to need is there. Follow the instructions EXACTLY after reading them and making certain that you understand them fully.
    Read the 2nd post as well - take it seriously, for your own good.
    ~Dan

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Dan....I decided to return it, didn't really want to go thru all that, kinda pressed for time right now. The other unit came in, and is factory set, no issues. Thanks very much, I'll peruse this forum soon and learn more about the Thrive... but loving this SD slot already.. done deal !

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Enjoy!
    ~Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads