• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How To Fix A Thrive AT100/105 That Will No Longer Boot

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times

How To Fix A Thrive AT100/105 That Will No Longer Boot

Hello all. I know it has been a long time since I have been on the Forum. Also, I have been still receiving requests for devices to be reflashed. I just have not had the time to help like I have in the past, but do not fear, I come with good news for all of you. In my development section, I have a post that gives you everything you will need to reflash your device. So, if you have that dreaded unrecoverable bootloader error or your device is stuck on the splash screen or just want the OTA ICS off your device, you can now reflash HC 3.11 back onto your device. The files and procedures should be able to recover any device (except the WiFi models) that do not have a hardware issue.

Here is a link to the post: [TOOL] Reflashing Your AT100/105 Device When It Will Not Boot

Now, I did not create the files in the post. All I am doing is providing the files and a set of instructions. You use them at your own risk. Have fun and enjoy your Thrive.
    SHADO and rosalie like this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Thanks, dalepl!

As a Caveat, any members using it must understand, first and foremost, that this tool is used at your own risk, and the Forum can not, in any possible way, be responsible if you irrevocably brick your Thrive or otherwise damage it.

It is being offered as a free service, and the files may be deleted at any time at the request of Toshiba.

We may be able to offer some level of support, but it will be extremely limited.

Warning!

⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠ ⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠ ⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠!

Do not allow ANYONE (under ANY circumstances - no exceptions) but dalepl or Pio_Masaki to remote into your computer and Thrive, as they are not approved by the Staff or the forum owners to do so - regardless of what they may claim so far as experience or expertise.
    Any changes to the above will be updated by staff.

They may cause not only irrevocable damage to your tablet, but may compromise the security of your computer or in some way, infect it with a virus or malware.

If ANY MEMBER other than the abovementioned contact you, either publicly or privately, please report it to our staff immediately, and they'll be suitably dealt with.

Thanks!

The Moderation Team
    Last edited by danvee; 08-28-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Liked
    67 times
    Thanks, dalepl! Hope this is made a sticky in the near future.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Your welcome. I hope this helps those that are having boot issues.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    It's stickied... Thanks, dalepl!
    rosalie likes this.
    ~Dan

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    I need to make an update to the procedures. The drivers need to be installed as administrator. You will still get a warning message that the drivers are not signed. All you need to do is tell Windows to go ahead and install the drivers.
    rosalie likes this.
    My Development

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    That's on Win8, though, correct?
    ~Dan

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Thanks dalepl, hopefully will never need it but grabbed them just in case. When I first saw your post I wanted to reply with "Release the Kraken!" But thought better of it. So now I guess I can say, "The Kraken has been released!"
    rosalie likes this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    You da man, dalepl!
    rosalie and panda like this.
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    H
    I, I am new to forum and not very tech savvy. I tried to reflash my Thrive and seemed to be doing well until I tried loading the drivers to my PC. I have Windows 8.1 if that makes any difference. Anyway I got a message saying Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.Third party INF does not contain digital signature info. Anyone know what t do next? Also the notes on reflashing mention reseating the ribbon cable in case you continue to get errors. How would I do that? Any help would be appreciated, you people are great for having this forum for frustrated users like myself. Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads