• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: In The Wild!

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    It is cute...LOL.

That is probably what made me really want one, it looking at me with its doe-like eyes, cute as a puppy! LOL.

Anyhow, if it doesn't work as well as its big brother, Im not sure I will bother. I have thought about getting a Samsung Tab because I think one of them has a SD slot, but so far, none of them have moved me.
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1906 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by ttmoo View Post
    Don't forget that USB stinks on Thrive 7. Sushumna's fabulous dissertation is the ONLY tool we seem to have.
    Yes, OTG adapters work so long as you hook wires all over the place for a bit of power. The only thing where USB is EASY is hook to a real computer.
    Also, unlike Thrive 10, battery is not replaceable. And then there's the no good for anything dock. And the WiFi is weaker than Thrive 10.
    On the other hand, it has got to be the cutest thing and a wonderful Kindle books reader due to its superb screen resolution. Pure joy.
    Can't keep kids away especially from games like MoveIt and Minecrft

Anyway, is there ANY hope for getting the baby Thrive up to date? Toshiba is not cooperating, so are we stuck on Rooted HC or Unrooted ICS forever?

What is ABX and SBK?
    APX is the nvflash mode we use on the 10" for rollbacks, the SBK is the boot loader key to allow us to write in APX, its different on the 7" version.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - Carbon
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Sushumna's fabulous dissertation is the ONLY tool we seem to have.
    Huh! What's a Sushumna?

Also, unlike Thrive 10, battery is not replaceable.
    Are you sure about that? Here's a link to a tear down.
    Thrive 7-Inch Teardown
    So if you can take it apart and get a new battery, it's replaceable. No, it's not as easy as the Thrive 10, but I think it can be done if you can find the battery
    and I'm sure someone, somewhere has that battery for sale.

And then there's the no good for anything dock. And the WiFi is weaker than Thrive 10.
    You're right about the stand. About the only thing it's good for is charging. If I turn the WiFi off I can got 4 to 5 days without charging. Turn it on, I'm lucky to get through a day.
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGeek View Post
    Huh! What's a Sushumna?
    Sushumna is the member who authored the teardown that you linked to.

I believe this is the thread she was referencing
    JiveTurkee likes this.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    Sushumna is the member who authored the teardown that you linked to.

I believe this is the thread she was referencing
    Oh! OK.
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    @GrumpyOldGeek, You're correct about the battery, I haven't tried that, but it does look like a possibility.

Besides the teardown thread, these are specific to USB-OTG work
    Connecting External USB Devices (USB Host OTG)
    OTG problems. Is root access required?

Edit: @Rosalie, I see that your link to "here" is one of the above. Unfortunately I was reading this on a stupid browser that doesn't show the real link to "here" - the sort of short URL people like to use
    Last edited by ttmoo; 07-16-2013 at 08:53 AM.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Edit: @Rosalie, I see that your link to "here" is one of the above. Unfortunately I was reading this on a stupid browser that doesn't show the real link to "here" - the sort of short URL people like to use
    Sorry 'bout that, Liz. Yes, I do tend to use the shorty URLs. I didn't realize it caused an issue on some browsers. I'll do it the other way from now on. Thanks for letting me know.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    @Rosalie, I see that your link to "here" is one of the above. Unfortunately I was reading this on a stupid browser that doesn't show the real link to "here" - the sort of short URL people like to use
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    Sorry 'bout that, Liz. Yes, I do tend to use the shorty URLs. I didn't realize it caused an issue on some browsers. I'll do it the other way from now on. Thanks for letting me know.
    If you are referring to "this" in rosalie's earlier post, that's a hyperlink, not a short URL. Hyperlinks are designed to make reading easier by hiding all the URL gobblydegook. If you are hesitant to click such hyperlinks because of security concerns, you can simply quote the post to "see" the actual URL. Many URLs are extremely long and you can run into problems because special characters can result in the actual link being truncated, I don't know how many I've had to fix. It's often better to continue using the hyperlink in the main comment for those of us who are less concerned about security and then add the actual link after the comments if desired.

Cheers, Dave
    rosalie likes this.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Hyperlink... yes... thank you, Dave. Thanks for clearing that up

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    You're welcome rosalie. One of my pet peeves is posting multiple line URLs when hyperlinks are so much more professional. I also wanted to point out that those sensitive to security concerns can easily see what is hidden if they don't know/trust the poster. I have never worried about it, but I know some do.

Cheers, Dave
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads