• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dirty, dirty Thrive

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    It is as dust free now as brand new baby's bottom. I quickly installed CWM reflashed my nandroid backup, transferred saved folders / files back. Then allowed Market to update apps (quite a few for 1-1/2 weeks hiatus). Back and running in under an hour. Now to pester them to find out how & why it collected the dust to begin with.
    Burrman likes this.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    I finally got a tracking number for my returning THRiVE. It says it has reached its destination, but I won't even be home to clutch the baby in my hands for nearly 2 hours. Then I will only have time to see if the dust is finally gone and to discover what version of the updates is installed.... Then I will have to wait until Thursday or Friday to rebuild it and bring up to the latest updates. (That is unless I stay up past midnight.... of course that depends on if they didn't unfastboot me -- if they did, I know I will wait until Friday so I can get support from our community in case I blow it up).

Stay tuned..... and knock on some wood....
    Good luck. Glad you got it back. I just noticed a place on mine where it looks like it is separating. My wife wrinkled my protector so I had to take it off. All this time I thought it was a bubble on the edge of the protector. Guess I will be sending mine in and have them fix the left speaker while they have it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    I double-checked with the engineer that worked to get my unit fixed. They said this was the first unit they have seen with the dust in between the layers. They were unable to find any manufacturing defects in the components or the method of fabrication. They have not been able to determine if the "contamination" occurred during manufacturing or some how manifested itself at a later time.

The good thing is that, once again, Toshiba has done the right thing. While it took some customer proactive action to get the issue addressed, they did fulfill their obligations. While I did pay for the shipping to send the unit off originally to the Repair Depot, Toshiba paid the overnight shipping both ways for the 2nd trip for repairs.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    324 times
    See, sometimes the good guys do win out in the end. ^5
    FAQ
    Guidelines of Conduct
    We "Thrive" to keep it clean, Help each other out, and have fun !
    If you enjoyed my nonsense feel free to hit the like button.
    Toshiba AT100/16 GB sporting CM10.~ I have no affiliation with any device manufacturer, developer, or application, Any contained statements by me are merely my own opinions to be taken as such ~

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

Ads