• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    20508
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    Thrive for Christmas!

    Hey guys so im probably gonna get the thrive 10 inch for christmas and im exited for it. First of all I would just like to say thank you, and how happy I am that this tablet has its own dedicated and very active forums. Second, and to the main point, hacking. I have heard that the thrive has a really good battery which is one of the reasons I want it. Anyway I would just like to know these things, and if you could help me out that would be great.
    1.) What method is easiest to root this tablet, and are there certain roots for different bootloaders/ android version, etc
    2.) Once rooted, what rom do I install. I am mainly looking for a rom that has great battery life, as this is my main concern
    3.) Can this tablet do n64 emulation well, because I really want to do that.
    Thanks

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    4927
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,069
    Liked
    1983 times

    Re: Thrive for Christmas!

    Quote Originally Posted by tstrat1911 View Post
    Hey guys so im probably gonna get the thrive 10 inch for christmas and im exited for it. First of all I would just like to say thank you, and how happy I am that this tablet has its own dedicated and very active forums. Second, and to the main point, hacking. I have heard that the thrive has a really good battery which is one of the reasons I want it. Anyway I would just like to know these things, and if you could help me out that would be great.
    1.) What method is easiest to root this tablet, and are there certain roots for different bootloaders/ android version, etc
    2.) Once rooted, what rom do I install. I am mainly looking for a rom that has great battery life, as this is my main concern
    3.) Can this tablet do n64 emulation well, because I really want to do that.
    Thanks
    Welcome!
    Assuming it doesn't come with ICS already installed - in which case it's not root able.

    1. [Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool

    2. [ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

    Start with that and move on to the others.

    3. Can't help you there.

    Take your time, read carefully, and, most of all, 'search' is your friend.
    ~Dan


    Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

    No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

  4. #3
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    20508
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you so much for responding, so there really isn't a root for ics? interesting. And I was actually looking at that dalenet rom earlier, I just didn't know if it had good battery.

  5. #4
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    20508
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Also would't there be a way to downgrade from ics to honeycomb to root it?

  6. #5
    Developer

    Member #
    18359
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Surprise, Az (that's a real place)
    Posts
    3,783
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki

    Re: Thrive for Christmas!

    The best battery will be a jellybean ROM as it uses far less CPU time, it uses the GPU for the ui. Its not a ton more, but something to consider if battery life is top of the list.

    ICS cant be rooted if installed, but can be installed rooted, so you can run a rooted ics if you choose.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

  7. #6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    4927
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,069
    Liked
    1983 times

    Re: Thrive for Christmas!

    Quote Originally Posted by tstrat1911 View Post
    Also would't there be a way to downgrade from ics to honeycomb to root it?
    Yes, but nothing that the end user can do.
    It requires special software not available to the public, and even Toshiba doesn't offer it.
    When you get it, let us know.
    ~Dan


    Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

    No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

  8. #7
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    20508
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Alright thanks a lot. So on average, how long do you think the battery would last on this JB rom, with constant game playing, because im getting surgery two days after christmas so I want to have something to occupy the time overnight. What JB rom would you reccomend btw? Also one more question if you don't mind. If I get it and it's already on ics, there is no way to downgrade or anything. And how is battery on stock ics. Thanks a lot

  9. #8
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    20508
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    Yes, but nothing that the end user can do.
    It requires special software not available to the public, and even Toshiba doesn't offer it.
    When you get it, let us know.
    Oh, wierd, thanks

  10. #9
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    1070
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    10 times
    Stock ICS on the Thrive is quite good and has good battery life. Don't give up hope for rooting yet though. If you get a new unit that has never been used, it could very well come with the Stock HC OS. I saw a new one, in the box, offered on some website last week and it was listed as having HC installed, but upgradable to ICS.

    BigRedGonzo

  11. #10
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    3885
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Peoria AZ
    Posts
    7,845
    Liked
    1295 times

    Re: Thrive for Christmas!

    Quote Originally Posted by tstrat1911 View Post
    Alright thanks a lot. So on average, how long do you think the battery would last on this JB rom, with constant game playing, because im getting surgery two days after christmas so I want to have something to occupy the time overnight. What JB rom would you reccomend btw? Also one more question if you don't mind. If I get it and it's already on ics, there is no way to downgrade or anything. And how is battery on stock ics. Thanks a lot
    The ONLY way to downgrade is to send a pm to dalepl and get on his list. Assuming you have a PC, he has the tools to get you back to Honeycomb so you can root and then load the ROM of your choice.

    Cheers, Dave
    Cheers, Dave

    ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

jelly bean for toshiba thrive

,

thrive christmas

,

thrive jelly bean

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread