• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: The wait is Killing Me!

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Twitter
    deviantPulsar

Red face The wait is Killing Me!

I got my first peek at this awesome tablet back in January during cnet TV coverage at CES. Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV
    It was then when I first started thinking about getting a tablet. When I learned about the name Thrive and preorder date, I really started to get excited. Now that I have it ordered and know about the July 10th ship date, I feel like I my just explode with excitement!
    I scour the web looking for any new little tidbits on this device to fulfill tech needs.
    I donít know what it is about this piece of Tech that has me all worked up but, I want it NOW!!
    Is anybody else feeling this or do I just need to seek professional help?

batfish likes this.

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    I got my first peek at this awesome tablet back in January during cnet TV coverage at CES. Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV
    It was then when I first started thinking about getting a tablet. When I learned about the name Thrive and preorder date, I really started to get excited. Now that I have it ordered and know about the July 10th ship date, I feel like I my just explode with excitement!
    I scour the web looking for any new little tidbits on this device to fulfill tech needs.
    I don’t know what it is about this piece of Tech that has me all worked up but, I want it NOW!!
    Is anybody else feeling this or do I just need to seek professional help?

I'm waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting...waiting (chewing my fingernails)...waiting...
    batfish and deviant like this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Hello, my name is NC Turner, and I'm a Thrive-a-holic.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    LOL! Oh I even forgot I even pre-ordered it. The Thrive looks ok and all but I'm not that excited about it... Who am I Kidding YES I AM!! Lol I've spent many many hours looking for more and more! I'm very excited to receive it and tear open the box like a kid at christmas morning and finally hold the Thrive. I don't think we need professional help, we just need to wait out a few weeks and we will be cured when it arrives, or maybe it will just get worse as we look for new things to compliment our Thrive lol.
    Last edited by batfish; 06-17-2011 at 04:36 PM.
    deviant, bigfoot and xpilot like this.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Now lets hope that we will not be disappointed with something about the tablet that will rain on our day, like so many other tablets, like the screen (Backlight Bleed), lag with the browser, tiny sound, etc. This one is looking good for many of us with the full ports and user battery replacement, but now even the new released Galaxy 10.1 has some glitches like lag that would drive me nuts.
    batfish likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Quote Originally Posted by SR45 View Post
    Now lets hope that we will not be disappointed with something about the tablet that will rain on our day, like so many other tablets, like the screen (Backlight Bleed), lag with the browser, tiny sound, etc. This one is looking good for many of us with the full ports and user battery replacement, but now even the new released Galaxy 10.1 has some glitches like lag that would drive me nuts.

I agree

ogc
    Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Still have some twenty days to go! Hope Toshiba could be kind and ship the pre-orders a couple of days before the release date, so its supporters won 't look like a fool for paying a month in advance, but getting it the time when others could just walk into a store and grab theirs.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ogc View Post
    Still have some twenty days to go! Hope Toshiba could be kind and ship the pre-orders a couple of days before the release date, so its supporters won 't look like a fool for paying a month in advance, but getting it the time when others could just walk into a store and grab theirs.
    based on galaxy tab release, THEY don't care . (they = corporate electronics). you prepaid, like me= suckers. look at 32gb gal tab...none to be found. why?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am as anxious as the rest of you here.. I have to agree with ogc .... Toshiba should look to reward those who have pre-ordered. In fact all companies need to do that. More people would pre-order if that was the case.
    batfish, deviant and bigfoot like this.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Pre-order problems should be the least we worry about. Its the hardware and software that I'm a tad worried about......

Galaxy 10.1 problems reported. Boy I do hope Toshiba's tab is much better. Lots of issues and discusions over at the xda forum about the glitches
    1. Dust under screen http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1134008
    2. White noise sound when loading anything
    3. Off center screen for two customers
    4. Ringing sound when touching the screen
    5. Moisture under screen for a few
    6. Heating issues noticed
    7. Light leak
    8. One customer got a scratch on the screen already and said he was careful
    And the list goes on about apps, and lag issues...

Additional issues now being reported on the Galaxy 10.1

9. WiFi issues
    10. Browser slow / shut down for some
    Last edited by SR45; 06-23-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads