• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Help!!!!!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Help!!!!!

My Toshiba Thrive will not come back on. I plugged it in to charge on Wed, Oct.10th and I haven't been able to get it to turn back on. The power button doesn't turn it on even though the thrive is fully charged. Please HELP!!! Thank you.
    Scorpio.
    Beloved Child Of The Most High God

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    909 times
    Does the power LED light up?

Remove the battery and carefully disinfect the small circular blue battery. With the unit unplugged press and hold the power button go 10 seconds. Let the unit site for 20 minutes. Now reconnect the blue battery, replace the big battery and try to power it up.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    Does the power LED light up?

Remove the battery and carefully disinfect the small circular blue battery. With the unit unplugged press and hold the power button go 10 seconds. Let the unit site for 20 minutes. Now reconnect the blue battery, replace the big battery and try to power it up.

The power led keeps blinking faintly. Do you still advise I remove the battery? What does the bolded red text mean please? Either way, I don't know how to do either one. Please explain how. Thank you
    Scorpio.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    DISCONNECT the blue battery, DO NOT DISINFECT IT...REPEAT...DO NOT DISINFECT IT. If you disinfect it, terrible things will happen.

Remove the main battery, then remove the BLUE battery. Follow the previously listed instructions.
    xm41907 likes this.

NOTE: My comments are my own and not those of anyone who knows anything about the Thrive, unless otherwise noted. They are just suggestions, nothing more, and probably will not work in every (or any) situation. If you think I've offended you, please PM me, so we can clear the air in private. I have no affiliation with any company or private individual who knows anything about anything to do with the Thrive. Please exercise due dilegence when attempting any suggestion I may have offered.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCAV1sg View Post
    DISCONNECT the blue battery, DO NOT DISINFECT IT...REPEAT...DO NOT DISINFECT IT. If you disinfect it, terrible things will happen.

Remove the main battery, then remove the BLUE battery. Follow the previously listed instructions.
    Thank you OldCAV1sg, I won't disinfect but I still don't know how to disconnect either of the batteries.
    Scorpio.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    1. Properly remove SD CARD.
    2. POWER DOWN ...(not just OFF)
    ON the top of the unit (to the right of the camera) is a slide...slide it to the unlock position.
    After you do that, find the speaker holes on the left side (Camera is "TOP") Using fingers, pry the back off carefully (but not too carefully). The large WHITE thing is the main battery. Under that you will find the BLUE battery, small, DISCONNECT.
    With the batteries removed, HOLD THE POWER BUTTON FOR AT LEAST 10 SECONDS...then let the Thrive sit for awhile (20 min.)
    Reinstall the batteries.
    Power on.

1. WooHoo, it works
    or
    2. Shizzle...It doesn't work, come back and let us know.
    Scorpio likes this.

NOTE: My comments are my own and not those of anyone who knows anything about the Thrive, unless otherwise noted. They are just suggestions, nothing more, and probably will not work in every (or any) situation. If you think I've offended you, please PM me, so we can clear the air in private. I have no affiliation with any company or private individual who knows anything about anything to do with the Thrive. Please exercise due dilegence when attempting any suggestion I may have offered.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I can't power down because the power button doesn't do anything. I have unplugged the thrive but the button is unresponsive. Still continues to blink faintly and intermittently.
    Scorpio.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    My Toshiba Thrive will not come back on. I plugged it in to charge on Wed, Oct.10th and I haven't been able to get it to turn back on. The power button doesn't turn it on even though the thrive is fully charged. Please HELP!!! Thank you.
    Mine did that this morning. All I did was hold the power & volume up at the same time for about 10 seconds to do a quick reboot.
    Scorpio likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare_24_7 View Post
    Mine did that this morning. All I did was hold the power & volume up at the same time for about 10 seconds to do a quick reboot.
    Wow!! Thank you soooooooo much!!! I did just that and it WORKED!!!!!. Thank you one and all for your help. I was afraid I would have to send my thrive back to Toshiba etc. One good thing though, OldCAV1sg, now I know how to get to the battery if or when I need to change it (I bought an extra one from Amazon). Thanks.

I can't wait to start using it, I've missed my thrive lol. Does the tablet do this often and is this what I'll need to do each and every time this happens?
    Scorpio.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Wow!! Thank you soooooooo much!!! I did just that and it WORKED!!!!!. Thank you one and all for your help. I was afraid I would have to send my thrive back to Toshiba etc. One good thing though, OldCAV1sg, now I know how to get to the battery if or when I need to change it (I bought an extra one from Amazon). Thanks.

I can't wait to start using it, I've missed my thrive lol. Does the tablet do this often and is this what I'll need to do each and every time this happens?
    Just curious .... what Rom are u running?

Ads