• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy REcovering Deleted Bookmarks

This is the second time that I have deleted all my bookmarks. I just wanted (both times) to delete one and ended up deleting all of them. The process is VERY awkward and I am new at it as well. Is there anyway to undelete them?
    Thanks
    Bill

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Bill, I know that can be frustrating, and unfortunately I, myself, am unsure of how to salvage them once deleted.
    However, as this has happened before, let me recommend backing them up so that if it happens a THIRD time, it will no longer be an issue for you.
    Android Bookmark Backup is what I found. There may be others, but its a start.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    405 times
    There is no built-in way to do this but have you searched the Android Market for "backup bookmarks" or similar? It shows a bunch.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    On a different note, is there a simple way to sort or arrange bookmarks in default browser? If not, then can someone recommend a bookmark sorter app?

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Quote Originally Posted by candyland View Post
    On a different note, is there a simple way to sort or arrange bookmarks in default browser? If not, then can someone recommend a bookmark sorter app?
    Yes, you can sort them yourself by dragging the order (I think...I don't have the Thrive in front of me ATM, but have done it).

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    907 times
    Dolphin HD allows all of this..... much better browser and when the "Dolphin Pad" gets out of beta, it could prove to be the best overall Android Tablet brower....

Quote Originally Posted by candyland View Post

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    405 times
    I use the one below on my phone but having tried it on the Thrive yet. I wouldn't mind hearing how it works on there...

Bookmarks Light - (Quick bookmark access and management. Add, edit, delete, search, and sort) - https://market.android.com/details?i...hima.bookmarks

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. I tried Bookmark Sort & Backup app which allowed me to alphabetically arrange bookmarks in the stock browser; I can also move a bookmark to the very top or bottom of the arrangement by long-pressing the arrow (shown in the app). Note that this app doesn't work if your bookmarks are synced with Google Chrome. I also tried Bookmarks Light app which also works well (clean and simple interface) but doesn't have the feature of sorting bookmarks within the stock browser.

I'm surprised that the honeycomb browser doesn't have more bookmark-sorting choices. Even android phones have more (ie, list bookmarks by alphabetical/newest/frequency of use).

Ads