• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Toshiba Thrive sound is unavailable

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hm-m-. Tried that before repeated times to no avail. Now I looked at it again and for whatever reason it works.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    As long as it works now. :banghead:
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Im experiencing this problem at the moment. I was watching The Office on Netflix and the epusode finished. I returned to the netflix home screen and started the next episode. When the next episode started there was no audio. I pressed the volume hardkey up to no avail. The volume slider came up on screen - the slider was all the way up but the speaker icon had a slash through it. I rebooted the device and my sound was back.

I eventually got around to doing the same thing with netflix again and had the same problem occur. I searched the web and have tried all posted solutions to no avail, I have to reboot every time to fix the problem. I do not have any third party apps that control audio, Im stock unrooted.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    You could try uninstalling the version you've got (PlayStore or AppStore) and install the 'other' one.
    Many possible solutions as a search will show. No one solution has worked for everyone, and some are still unsolved or fixed themselves.
    You should also complain to Netflix about it.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I can't really say with certainty that this is a fault of Netflix, honestly. Even outside of Netflix the sound isn't working.

Edit: I probably should have paid more attention to what I just did. I figured it was worth a shot nuking all running apps. The only thing I noticed was that Netflix wasn't listed as a running app at the time.

I opened up Advanced Task Killer and everything was checked by default (Again, Netflix wasn't listed as a running app) - after Force Stopping all running apps I was able to adjust my sound. If/when this happens again I'll open task killer and kill apps one by one until I find the offending app and update here.
    Last edited by j0shtalgia; 10-05-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Please do. The sound issues are some of the hardest to track down as so many apps can 'hook' into it.
    ~Dan

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Had the problem again. This time when I went into task killer - Netflix was there. It was the first app I killed. Afterward sound was adjustable, so I take back my previous statement - it would appear that the Netflix app is the culprit.

Because many people seem to experience this problem due to various applications - and in my experience the most expedient option for resolution is to kill the tasks - you may want to grab a task killer application and kill all running tasks rather than rebooting - not sure about everyone else but my stock non-rooted Thrive takes a solid couple minutes to boot up into a functional state....but I've been thinking about rooting and putting the latest CM on it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    I wouldn't really advise the use of task killers unless there's no other choice.

Fast Reboot may be a better solution if it will work for you.

You may also wish to contact NetFlix about it if it's their app causing the problem.
    ~Dan

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    I've had that issue before (no audio after a show or movie).

First, I clear cache and try again.
    Second, I clear data and relogin to Netflix
    Third, I uninstall Netflx and reinstall
    Fourth, I power down, do a battery pull and restart.

Next, revert to a previous version of Netflix if the newest version is getting alot of complaints or if there is a serious issue w/the latest version
    I've never had to go past that.

Task killers are not necessary and sometimes cause more issues. They should only be used if an app is just not turning off and killing the battery. Other than that, you don't need it.
    rosalie likes this.

TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM (4.1.2)

Samsung Galaxy S8+• Oreo Beta ROM (8.0)
    LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)
    ZTE Trek2 HD•Stock ROM (6.0 Marshmallow)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Multimedia sound does not work

I can hear alarms or Google talk but Pandora or movie sound is gone. any ideas? I DID search before posting and tried rebooting after I reset SRS sound to default. Does not help. Thanks in advance for your help. Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads