• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Help with screen.

I originally purchased a 16g Thrive from BB on release. I was the first person to walk out of the store with one. Since then I returned it for the 32g. This Tablet is awesome! On both units I notice the honeycomb pattern on the screen but can only see it with a black screen in certain light (mainly sunlight). I also notice that when the screen is dim there is a bit of yellow tint to it. Its not a real big deal but I've heard mixed comments about this. At this point my 14 day return is almost up and would just like some help making a decision whether I should swap it or just keep it. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Have you tried turning the auto brightness off

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Have you tried turning the auto brightness off
    I set mine to manual, about 70% brightness and it looks great. I don't notice the screen, so that's probably about as good as it gets. I do have to ask, though, if this is the ONLY issue...what's the hold up? With an Asus, you'll probably be battling a myriad of quality issues. With a Xoom, you'll have an even less quality screen and things that are on the device don't work. With an Acer, you're not getting the same value proposition. With Apple, well, enough said. I'm just trying to point out that if the screen quality is your only consideration, you'd probably be better off with a Samsung or a Transformer. People who are attracted to the Thrive place a lot of value in the OTHER things it has to offer.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    One can still control the brightness level with auto-brightness turned on.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    Twitter
    Don't
    You have to go looking for the honeycomb feature tosee it; not a problem imho. As far as yellow at dim, I don't see that. If its a problem for you, exchange it.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    The reason I suggested turning off auto brightness is because if you turn it off and set the screen brightness to your liking it will not automatically revert if the dimmer, yellow looking screen bothers you.

Remove Ads

Ads