• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By DoubleDAZ
  • 1 Post By kingdavid

Thread: Battery ? to plug or not to plug

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times

Battery ? to plug or not to plug

I was just wondering is it better for the battery to leave it plugged in even though its charged or is it better for the battery to unplug it after the battery has been charge up ?

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have mine plugged even though its 100% full. Just like a computer - which the thrive is!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    892 times
    In theory it shouldn't matter. I keep mine plugged in and sleep all the time when at home. I wouldn't keep it plugged in and off for an extended period. While it should be safe to do so, we had one or two reports of fried batteries (1+ week plugged in & off).
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1260 times
    There was also one damaged left plugged in and on for over a week, so if they weren't just faulty batteries to begin with, it's just not a good idea to leave it plugged in and not used for an extended period of time. I still unplug mine when I turn it off overnight and plugged in if I don't. Mine is plugged in way more often than not while I'm using it, but that's just because the charger is handy.
    nonie, lastcatspike and ttmoo like this.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Li-ion batteries require smart chargers so in theory leaving it plugged in shouldn't hurt as long as the thrives internal smart battery charger does its job. However unless you can't control it I would unplug it once it is fully charged, and if it won't be used for a while I would store it at about a 40 percent charge.

Here's the write up I found the info above is there plus there's a lot more about li-ion batteries

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a..._ion_batteries

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    JiveTurkee likes this.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Thank you everyone for the information, its nice to know what others are doing and if there has been any problems associated with leaving your thrive plugged in. I use mine quite a bit during the day and sometimes have to put it on the charger 2 and sometimes 3 times a day, the battery is new so there's no problem with that, I just use it a lot. I know the more you have to charge it up you decrease the life of the battery so I was just wondering if by leaving it plugged in I could extend the battery life. Kingdavid Thank you for the link, that was very informative learned alot !!! Thanks again everyone for your help !

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I leave mine plugged in most of the time when turned on or in sleep mode. I always unplug it if I actually turn it off.
    jdoc

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I always keep my plugged most of the time. There has never been any damage and most of the time my phone’s battery is in full charge. So, I have never faced any problem of the battery charge getting depleted. Plus I am a forgetful person and there could be chances that I may forget to charge the batteries at the time of need.

Ads