• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: PLEASE READ. Especially the noobs.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jestull View Post
    Sorry, Roasale, but I am missing something...where do I send the coke and why?

Ahhhhhh... I see ...answered before me.....in the military, we called that "stepping on..". Sorry!
    Actuality, it's because you both posted at the same time, 9:06. Technically they were separated by seconds, but that's close enough for a coke.
    rosalie likes this.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Dan I DLed Dolphin but cannot even find its main menu to get anywhere. I only seemed to be able to type in a web page address,( but can't find that page again) and could only get the mobile page, no way to request desktop version, which i could do at least with the standard Thrive browser ( which keeps crashing). It sounds like Dolphin has a way to permanently set Desktop version or Mobile app but i can't find how or where - can you direct me?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skierphyl View Post
    Dan I DLed Dolphin but cannot even find its main menu to get anywhere. I only seemed to be able to type in a web page address,( but can't find that page again) and could only get the mobile page, no way to request desktop version, which i could do at least with the standard Thrive browser ( which keeps crashing). It sounds like Dolphin has a way to permanently set Desktop version or Mobile app but i can't find how or where - can you direct me?
    Look for the 3 vertical dots in the bottom bar. Tap that, then More/Settings. Look through the options and let us know if you have any questions.
    Cheers, Dave

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    The 3 dots are for ICS. It's a little 6-pane window icon for HC. Either way it's the menu icon at the bottom.
    Cheers, Dave

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've got a couple of questions regarding the upgrade to your ICS ROM.

I'm a Canadian who used the US ROM as instructed. For the most part, it's fine. I've had a few more app crashes than before, but generally it's not an issue. However, Firefox and Chrome constantly crash. I can't use either of them reliably since the update.

I can't recall whether it's possible to revert back to the previous rooted ROM I used after an update to ICS. If it is, I'd like to.

If there's some other option to the crashing browsers issue, I'd love to know it. I don't care for either Dolphin or the stock browser. I'd prefer to be using FF.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Hi lonita. I'll let someone else answer the rest, but a few things you might try for the browser crashing issues. Try them one at a time and test in between:

In the browser's settings, if there is a setting for flash, set it to 'on demand' Also, set the browser to 'desktop' mode.

Wipe the app cache: close your browser apps. Then go to settings>apps-scroll to the browser app and tap it to open>force stop clear cache . Reboot and see if that fixes it. If not follow same procedure, but clear data this time as well (you may lose any settings you have in the app)

If still having problems, follow same procedure as above, then uninstall the app, reboot, reinstall the app reboot and try again. (some people think the reboots aren't needed...I do)

Let us know if you are still having problems and we can go from there.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    You can flash any ROM you want.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Paul the understanding is much clearer now

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Your welcome.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Read everything...every page...and I guess I need a thread called Total Beginner. Is there such a thing and maybe it's called something else?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Ads