• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: PLEASE READ. Especially the noobs.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Very well said Paul. I think Thrive users who are thinking of rooting or updating a ROM should read through the entire threads relating to updating and rooting. Several times I have run across issues other people have had and solved or had solved for them by other Thrive owners on this forum. You can never have too much good information before attempting rooting or ROM updating.

Also if you don't understand something, ask before you attempt it. A particular shoutout to Danvee who was very helpful when I installed your HTK55D.31.5.0003 ROM, Shiva Kernel, and the turbo prop mod.

Thanks again for everything you do for us.
    TOSHIBA Thrive
    Team Baked Black Bean
    Kernel: Balthesaur 2.80

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    NO
    Thanks for posting this instructions and for your work in making the TT a great device to play with. And yes, almost all issues fix themselves after a few reboots, at least it worked for me. Thanks

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I do not understand most of what you said - but we are having a problem with our thrive since the new update from Aug 7. For one thing it keeps goign back to the desktop screen for no reason. Also certain web pages will just not boot up that used to do fine. When all that happens we do power down,then turn back on and it is usually better. Is there anything else we should do?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    You might try settings/apps/(browser name) force stop, clear cache, reboot.
    Or try a different browser like Dolphin (Play Store free app)
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't even know what browser our thrive uses so I woudln' know how to do that. How can I find out what browser I have? When I clear stuff like the cache I am always afraid of losing something i paid to DL. Like I went to read a book I had DLed and it said it was now the wrong format and I needed to clear all the setiings in my Book Place - well I did it nad it turned out ok but I was afraid I would lose the book.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Records of purchase etc are usually maintained by the vendor on their site so clearing the cache will not lose any record of purchase.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skierphyl View Post
    I don't even know what browser our thrive uses so I woudln' know how to do that. How can I find out what browser I have? When I clear stuff like the cache I am always afraid of losing something i paid to DL. Like I went to read a book I had DLed and it said it was now the wrong format and I needed to clear all the setiings in my Book Place - well I did it nad it turned out ok but I was afraid I would lose the book.
    Settings>Apps, tap the "All" tab at top right, scroll down to "Browser" and tap it. Tap "clear cache" This will not clear any of your data, just the cache. You can do the same with Book Place. Once you've bought a book, it is in your account and you won't "lose" it. Even if you had to someday reset your Thrive to original factory condition, when you sign into your book app next, your books should repopulate into the app.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Post time 9:06 a.m. (eastern) x2...jestull, you owe me a coke
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skierphyl View Post
    If you are using the stock browser, the one with the globe icon, it is just called "Browser" in the settings>apps. You can also drag the icon to app info at the top of the screen and it will pop up the settings for that app.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    Post time 9:06 a.m. (eastern) x2...jestull, you owe me a coke
    Sorry, Roasale, but I am missing something...where do I send the coke and why?

Ahhhhhh... I see ...answered before me.....in the military, we called that "stepping on..". Sorry!

Sent from my at100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jestull; 08-23-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads