• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: [WARNING] ICS Update

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Been lurking here for some time now, this will be my first post....longtime listener, first time caller.

Just wanted to give a HUGE thanks to Dale for the hard work and information.

I had rooted my Thrive shortly after getting it (thanks to Dale, AGAIN). I'm not much of a modder, but I can't stand bloatware, so my primary motivation was to get rid of the pre-loaded CRAP on my device. When Toshiba issued the ICS update, I thought: Screw it, I'm going back to a stock device. I went through the unroot process and attempted, but failed, the update through "service station".

After doing battle with the device for a couple of days, trying to figure out what step I missed, I decided to try Dale's stock Rooted 4.0.4 ICS ROM. <[ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)> ***I COULDN'T BE MORE GLAD THAT I DID.*** Device works flawlessly, I have ICS, and I kept my root. I even managed to keep my apps with Titanium's Nandroid restore.

Dale, Don't know who you are or what you do for a living, but You're AWESOME, Braddah!
    dragona likes this.

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Your welcome. You know, for all of you that are rooted, I really do not understand why you are attempting to unroot and get the OTA. For one, you have to restore all the apps and system to a factory state. The OTA does checks on anything that it needs to update If it is gone or modded, the OTA will fail. Even if you unroot. Unrooting is not the only thing that has to be done to get an OTA update. I have posted a pre-rooted version of the ROM for all of you. Please save yourself a lot of headaches (and me) and use my ROM to update to ICS.

I will help everyone I can regardless of what and why you garffed up (technical term) your Thrive. It may take a while for me to get to you because I am only one deep and work and have a family life too, but I will try to get to you. If I said I would help you nd have not gotten back to you in a couple of days, PM or email me again. I probably lost you in the masses. I am not ignoring you.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Oh well, wish I'd gone with dalepl's rooted version of ICS

Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    Your welcome. You know, for all of you that are rooted, I really do not understand why you are attempting to unroot and get the OTA. For one, you have to restore all the apps and system to a factory state. The OTA does checks on anything that it needs to update If it is gone or modded, the OTA will fail. Even if you unroot. Unrooting is not the only thing that has to be done to get an OTA update. I have posted a pre-rooted version of the ROM for all of you. Please save yourself a lot of headaches (and me) and use my ROM to update to ICS.

I will help everyone I can regardless of what and why you garffed up (technical term) your Thrive. It may take a while for me to get to you because I am only one deep and work and have a family life too, but I will try to get to you. If I said I would help you nd have not gotten back to you in a couple of days, PM or email me again. I probably lost you in the masses. I am not ignoring you.
    Thank you for all your great work on supporting the Thrive. I should gone with your ROM. Sigh!

I admit I caused myself a lot of bother by going with the OTA from Toshiba. Many of the problems I've encountered were fixed by deleting the cache as you have suggested. Some problems still linger but aren't show stoppers.

Thank you again. If there is a next time for me to be able to change the ROM, I'll check in with your posts first.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Dalepl for president!
    dgnyberg and ttmoo like this.
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    So, I guess @GrumpyOldGeek is now my campain manager.
    darkron9 and ttmoo like this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    So, I guess @GrumpyOldGeek is now my campain manager.
    I'm going to work against you because if you win, we lose, big time. :beer:
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Try rebooting router or another hotspot.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Alert - Browser continually crashes in v4 - stay with 3.2!!!

Does anyone know how i can revert back to 3.2? 4.x is buggy. The wi-fi keeps dropping. the browser crashes, downloads fail, and you can't adjust the volume or mute it while watching videos.

H E L P!

Quote Originally Posted by conjugation View Post
    i am so upset now because the stupid update ruined my tablet. now im looking to sell it and buy a different one. Unbelievable! Is there any way to downgrade to 3.2? because the Thrive is not meant for 4.0 ICS. IT IS SO GLITCHY NOW I JUST WANT TO SNAP IT OVER MY KNEE. DO NOT UPDATE. You will regret it.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Alert - Browser continually crashes in v4 - stay with 3.2!!!

Does anyone know how i can revert back to 3.2? 4.x is buggy. The wi-fi keeps dropping. the browser crashes, downloads fail, and you can't adjust the volume or mute it while watching videos.

H E L P!

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    I'm going to work against you because if you win, we lose, big time. :beer:
    But Dave, we were hoping for you to be the Vice-Prez!!
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    Peace,
    Dave

Toshiba Thrive 10.1"
    Android 4.0.4 Dalepl rooted ROM
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Huawei S7-104 BB
    Joe Nilan's FroyoFusion
    CWM 2.5.1.8 by goodoane
    SOC Rooted

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads