• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 156 of 156
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: [WARNING] ICS Update

  1. #151
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    24330
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    88
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    I don't do Twit
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    No, as our tabs don't boot from SD.
    To roll back does not, nor has it ever been mentioned, require your device to leave your hands.
    All done in the privacy of your abode... :beer:
    So dalepl and/or pio_masaki make house calls? I'm not really understanding how this works.
    Last edited by Theta9; 08-06-2013 at 11:42 AM.

  2. Ads


  3. #152
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    8502
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    6,322
    Liked
    895 times
    The process has been documented here countless times throughout these threads. It's all done remotely by them through your internet connection while you watch the process and follow any instructions they give you. If you send a private message to Pio_Masaki or dalepl, they can tell you the specifics.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

  4. #153
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    24330
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    88
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    I don't do Twit
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    The process has been documented here countless times throughout these threads. It's all done remotely by them through your internet connection while you watch the process and follow any instructions they give you. If you send a private message to Pio_Masaki or dalepl, they can tell you the specifics.
    I see. I PM'd dalepl yesterday but haven't seen a reply yet. And there's a LOT of content here, especially in the hacking subfora, and most of the tech talk goes over my head, so I haven't noticed anything about the specifics, beyond that those two were able and willing to perform recovery services.

  5. #154
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    24330
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    88
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    I don't do Twit
    I just found the "Dalenet Thrive Universal Easy Flash Update" which looks like it might do what I need.
    I'm willing to take a chance on it, after I get my Nook Tablet rooted, unless somebody tells me that it's a Really Bad Idea.

  6. #155
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    3885
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Peoria AZ
    Posts
    7,845
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta9 View Post
    I see. I PM'd dalepl yesterday but haven't seen a reply yet. And there's a LOT of content here, especially in the hacking subfora, and most of the tech talk goes over my head, so I haven't noticed anything about the specifics, beyond that those two were able and willing to perform recovery services.
    The specifics have been mentioned, but they are buried in a few threads. I believe the process requires that you install a trial version of software on your PC that will give one of them remote access to your PC with the Thrive connected. Mostly you sit back and watch the process, but I think there is one time where you will have to press a key, so you have to be there during the process. Some people balk at giving someone they don't know access to their PC. That's why we mention the tools that you can use if you want to do things yourself. Then too, they do this stuff on their own time and at least one has a day job, so it may take a bit to respond to your pm. After they get you back to HC, then you have to decide if you want to root that so you can install custom ROMs.

    Cheers, Dave
    Cheers, Dave

    ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

  7. #156
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    3885
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Peoria AZ
    Posts
    7,845
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta9 View Post
    I just found the "Dalenet Thrive Universal Easy Flash Update" which looks like it might do what I need.
    I'm willing to take a chance on it, after I get my Nook Tablet rooted, unless somebody tells me that it's a Really Bad Idea.
    AFAIK, that is now the right tool for all 10" Thrive versions through 4.04 (ICS). Be sure to read the instructions over 2-3 times and ask questions before you start. If something goes wrong, you may still have to get dalepl or pio_masaki to help you, but they should be able to fix anything that isn't a hardware problem. They have helped countless others, so don't hesitate to ask if something goes wrong.

    Cheers, Dave
    Theta9 and CaptainH like this.
    Cheers, Dave

    ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)


 
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516


Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

browser crashes on toshiba thrive

,
getting rid of update on toshiba thrive
,

htc thunderbolt ics update

,
ics browser crash
,
thrive calander ics alerts
,

thunderbolt ics update

,

toshiba thrive browser crashes

,
toshiba thrive downgrade from ics
,
toshiba thrive ics browser crashes
,

toshiba thrive ics buggy

,
toshiba thrive rollback ics
,

toshiba thrive touch screen not responding

,

toshiba thrive touch screen not working

,
what does pre rooted mean
,
what does pre-rooted mean
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.