• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: [WARNING] ICS Update

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    I don't do Twit
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    No, as our tabs don't boot from SD.
    To roll back does not, nor has it ever been mentioned, require your device to leave your hands.
    All done in the privacy of your abode... :beer:
    So dalepl and/or pio_masaki make house calls? I'm not really understanding how this works.
    Last edited by Theta9; 08-06-2013 at 11:42 AM.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    The process has been documented here countless times throughout these threads. It's all done remotely by them through your internet connection while you watch the process and follow any instructions they give you. If you send a private message to Pio_Masaki or dalepl, they can tell you the specifics.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    I don't do Twit
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    The process has been documented here countless times throughout these threads. It's all done remotely by them through your internet connection while you watch the process and follow any instructions they give you. If you send a private message to Pio_Masaki or dalepl, they can tell you the specifics.
    I see. I PM'd dalepl yesterday but haven't seen a reply yet. And there's a LOT of content here, especially in the hacking subfora, and most of the tech talk goes over my head, so I haven't noticed anything about the specifics, beyond that those two were able and willing to perform recovery services.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    I don't do Twit
    I just found the "Dalenet Thrive Universal Easy Flash Update" which looks like it might do what I need.
    I'm willing to take a chance on it, after I get my Nook Tablet rooted, unless somebody tells me that it's a Really Bad Idea.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta9 View Post
    I see. I PM'd dalepl yesterday but haven't seen a reply yet. And there's a LOT of content here, especially in the hacking subfora, and most of the tech talk goes over my head, so I haven't noticed anything about the specifics, beyond that those two were able and willing to perform recovery services.
    The specifics have been mentioned, but they are buried in a few threads. I believe the process requires that you install a trial version of software on your PC that will give one of them remote access to your PC with the Thrive connected. Mostly you sit back and watch the process, but I think there is one time where you will have to press a key, so you have to be there during the process. Some people balk at giving someone they don't know access to their PC. That's why we mention the tools that you can use if you want to do things yourself. Then too, they do this stuff on their own time and at least one has a day job, so it may take a bit to respond to your pm. After they get you back to HC, then you have to decide if you want to root that so you can install custom ROMs.

Cheers, Dave
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Theta9 View Post
    I just found the "Dalenet Thrive Universal Easy Flash Update" which looks like it might do what I need.
    I'm willing to take a chance on it, after I get my Nook Tablet rooted, unless somebody tells me that it's a Really Bad Idea.
    AFAIK, that is now the right tool for all 10" Thrive versions through 4.04 (ICS). Be sure to read the instructions over 2-3 times and ask questions before you start. If something goes wrong, you may still have to get dalepl or pio_masaki to help you, but they should be able to fix anything that isn't a hardware problem. They have helped countless others, so don't hesitate to ask if something goes wrong.

Cheers, Dave
    Theta9 and CaptainH like this.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Remove Ads

Ads