• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: The Official "I got my Toshiba Thrive" Thread

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CIGI View Post
    Thanks! So far I haven't had any issues with anything name-brand from walmart. I will do my best to let everyone here know what I think about it.
    That's very nice!, Thanks!
    gadget fanatic, and a thriveforums super mod.

Have a problem THRiVE Related? Check out the ThriveForums Official THRiVE FAQ's

Afraid of getting in trouble? New Member? Read OUR GUIDELINES

my_devices: Android: Toshiba Thrive (not rooted, stock 3.2), Kindle Fire (not rooted, stock), Sony S1 (not rooted, stock), SE Xperia PLAY (not rooted, Android 2.3 w/ QQLauncher Pro) iOS/Other: 2goPad Windows OS Tablet, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 1, iPod touch 1G/4G

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Ok everyone, after reading the "rumors" that the Thrive was showing up at some Best Buy's, I called my local BB and sure enought, they had them in stock. So after work my boss and I went and picked one up. I cancel my online pre-order.

I made a quick "unboxing" video and am in the process of going through it in detail. First impression is outstanding. The screen is beautiful (the yellow rumors had me worried.) Anyway, here is the video.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Just did an unboxing video. Initial impression: Outstanding. I am going through it in detail, but so far I likes it.

techelec and bigfoot like this.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    LOVE THE VIDEOS!!! LOVE IT!!! Can't wait until I get to do that with my THRiVE!!!!!
    gadget fanatic, and a thriveforums super mod.

Have a problem THRiVE Related? Check out the ThriveForums Official THRiVE FAQ's

Afraid of getting in trouble? New Member? Read OUR GUIDELINES

my_devices: Android: Toshiba Thrive (not rooted, stock 3.2), Kindle Fire (not rooted, stock), Sony S1 (not rooted, stock), SE Xperia PLAY (not rooted, Android 2.3 w/ QQLauncher Pro) iOS/Other: 2goPad Windows OS Tablet, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 1, iPod touch 1G/4G

RKL
    Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Great unboxing.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Picked mine up this morning at a BB in Queens, NY by Citi Field. Until it was in my hand i was afraid i'd hear that "We can't sell it" excuse. Instead, i walked out with the 16gb version for $522.36. Then, being a little greedy, i went to another BB and picked up the Portfolio. I figure because of today, i saved about $20 bucks on shipping so i was very happy.

So now, after hours with Christine (i name my electronics, force of habit) here is my review:

She is one fast piece of work. Going from panel to panel presented no hiccups. I opened youtube and not one video took more then 3 seconds to load and ran smoothly after that. Benchmark on quadrant had me at 1509.
    She is also very form fits function. She is a little thick but i like when i feel like i'm holding onto something. The curves she has in the back on that rubberized battery cover really give you something to hold onto. Not once did it feel like she was about to slip away.
    Her screen is beautiful. I took of the auto brightness and moved it as far right as i could and she just popped. No yellow whatsoever. The bundled need for speed game really shows how great the graphics are.
    Another thing i love is that she doesn't take that long to get prepared. Battery charges real fast and under heavy browsing i was only losing about 8 to 10 percent an hour.
    But of all her features it was her ports that i fell in love with. Easy access to everything. Within minutes i was transferring music from my phone over micro usb, while connecting it to a flat screen at work so i could show a website of one of our competitors. A coworker also popped in an SD card to show off his kids photos on the bigger screen straight from his camera. She just knows exactly what i want. (I do have just one complaint here. The positioning of the volume rocker right next to the power button makes all too easy for you to timeout the tablet. And also as a reminder to anyone who wants to pop the battery cover off, remember that there is a lock to the right of the FFC. Nearly broke my baby before i realized that.)
    Then, as if i wasn't already in love, i saw her in her dress. The portfolio is perfect. Perfect angles. The velcro is sturdy as hell. Has little cutouts for the camera. I know aftermarket products will come but for now, i would buy the portfolio.
    Here are some pictures. Sorry for the quality)IMAG0475.jpgIMAG0476.jpgIMAG0477.jpgIMAG0478.jpgIMAG0481.jpg

If I forgot to mention anything and you have any questions, shoot me a message and i'll try to answer as best i can.
    batfish, revco and kerrhome like this.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Very nice reviews guys. Thanks

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    So now, after hours with Christine (i name my electronics, force of habit)
    Out of all the available names, you pick that one? Have you never read the book by Stephen King / seen the screen adaption? Well, at least you didn't name it HAL or Daisy. Those might have been worse! Just curious, has this habit of yours kept you single? My girlfriend would likely consider it creepy. To each their own though.
    Last edited by epakrat75; 07-05-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    My girl hates it. Her friends always think im cheating on her. Smh. Its one bad in a whole bunch of good so she lives with it.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Got mine today on base at the BX. They said theyed had it since sunday. but I have it and I'm loving it so far. the rubber back is a vast improvement from the transformer I replaced
    Last edited by KingLo; 07-06-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads