• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: The Official "I got my Toshiba Thrive" Thread

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi47 View Post
    Sorry, guys. Tucker was delivered to my office Friday afternoon. Amazon's 3rd party vendor got sick of me complaining, and the gave me $20 off on my shipping. I told my staff that I was taking maternity leave for the rest of the afternoon to get acquainted with my baby. So far we have spent every waking minute together. I have personalized him in ever way I can think of. But, then I make yet another trip to the market and find another app I can't possibly live without.

I'm having the same problem that others have mentioned with lagging keyboard. I only notice it on a couple sites. This is painfully slow. So, I may not be postig much.

Love your story Glad to hear you are really enjoying your thrive errr I mean your baby

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got my thrive, I have done a hard reset multiple times, wont let me view HBO GO, says java enabled but wont run it. doesnt support igoogle, but does support chrome but wont let you down load it, wont take external mail like my android phone, no matter what settings I use, in my mind should be the same as my pc but maybe I am having blonde isms and dont know any better.
    Plays U tube and ABC but not NBC they want silver light, and cant install on this.
    So it I am just not that smart, and I thought this tablet would work like a laptop with more bells and whistles etc, then ok otherwise it is going back to best buy in the AM and I wasted a whole sunday messing with it.
    Piratey ARGHHHHH

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Seriously. This is the first of its kind no one should expect perfection out of the box I feel. Hbo go is something I use and im sure it will need some sort of an update or the Thrive will for hbo go to work.

Its like the first model year of a car. They always have a hiccup or two.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    bigfoot likes this.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Ok, so I ordered a 32gb from Amazon on pre-order a while back. I canceled that due to the fact that I re-though out the system and decided 8gb should be enough internally so I re-ordered a 8gb model. Then I canceled that due to the fact they were back-ordered, so yesterday when Best Buy got them in I went and looked them over in person, liked it a lot, and ended up springing for the 32gb model.
    batfish likes this.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    SUCKA!!!

No really, that's the way to go, i'm sure. Seems to be the smart move. if your going to invest $500, what's another 20%?

i ended up with the 16, thinking i can use an SD card to store apps and other things on a 16 gig card-not any different than anyone else.

i have NOT been able to figure out how to MOVE what's on the TT to the SD card yet. i've tried 2 programs and neither of them will move apps. i'm sure i am doing something wrong, but i aint figgered it out yet.

Anyhoo. good/smart move IMHO
    My Camel
    Roswell, GA

Be Well & Thrive!
    Toshiba Thrive Tablet (sans root)
    Motorola Droid BIONIC 4G
    Verizon Wireless Service
    Bunches of other tools (many useless)

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I bought the 16gb with a 32gb SD card.
    I highly doubt I'll fill up the 16gb with just apps. My music and documents are stored on the cloud, so basically the SD all I put on there are movies

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Well, after nothing but problems dealing with Amazon (my Thrive was sent ground, not overnight...what a fiasco), I wound up going to BB and picking up a 32gb model. That baby is on the charger now. I LOVE the screen on it! I'll do more of a review later and hopefully a comparison of it to the iPad 2, but for now - I'm loving this thing!
    kerrhome, My Camel and batfish like this.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    yes. Amazon is making mistakes. but think about: it's possible they will be introducing their own tab soon. maybe-just maybe theres some logic in their actions??
    My Camel
    Roswell, GA

Be Well & Thrive!
    Motorola Droid BIONIC 4G
    Verizon Wireless Service

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    Twitter
    anthony_tiernan
    Quote Originally Posted by My Camel View Post
    yes. Amazon is making mistakes. but think about: it's possible they will be introducing their own tab soon. maybe-just maybe theres some logic in their actions??
    Conspiracy?

Sent from my AT100
    HTC One (M8) - Stock 4.4.2 ROOTED

Previous Phones:
    OG Droid/Droid X2/Galaxy Nexus/iPhone 5/iPhone 5s/Galaxy S4
    Previous Tablets:
    Toshiba Thrive/Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9/Nexus 7 (2012)

My Themes: No longer being built. :c
    New to the forums? Please read the Guidelines of Conduct.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    No self preservation (if i'm correct-which i'm probably not).

Amazon had a big rift occure several years ago and they got a whole bunch of new people in the product support area, among other areas. i'm sure some are leaving with all the pressure they're continually under. so i expect some issues. but not shipping the correct way-that's unacceptable since it's almost all done electronically to their distributuion centers.

can't tell you why but i'd be pi..ed too and i was so i too went to BB and got mine. shoulda (coulda, woulda) gotten the 32 but.........i'll figure out how to transfer them to the SD sometime when i have time. this thing is all consuming just trying to understand all the capabilities. whew!
    My Camel
    Roswell, GA

Be Well & Thrive!
    Motorola Droid BIONIC 4G
    Verizon Wireless Service

Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads