• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dalepl

Thread: lobby pro dev

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

lobby pro dev

What is necessary for a user to be thrive developer?
    I say this by Andreotti which has several contributions to the thrive community.

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Start learning and doing development for the Thrive. Once you have shown your worth, the Mods will update you to Developer status. That is all there really is to it. Contribute and be rewarded.
    danvee likes this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Andreotti, you can cut it with your nonsense and profanity. Both dalepl and Pio put in their dues to become developers, as did a few others to a lesser extent.

the very reason pio_masaki dropped the revival is the same reason i dropped this forum many years ago, because of a lack of appreciation unless you already had developer status somewhere else...
    You really shouldn't speak for others but yourself, especially when you don't know at all a person you presume to speak for.

you stole it from toshiba as it was because you copied there files without authorization and then started your own little thing.... RING ANY BELLS??????
    You don't understand how Android and open source work, do you?

im glad i left this community and im glad its gone.
    If you left this community, why did you come back to make this post? A few of us are in fact not gone. We check in whenever we can, offering support to people who use an admittedly antiquated but still useful little device.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    deleted my message and replied to only parts relevant you thought was worth quoting to reply to? ok.

1. nothing against pio. also nothing against dalepl personally, just the way he went about it.
    2. i didnt speak for pio, i made a comment based on what he wrote in the no root pc revival thread... maybe i should of quoted him like you did me?
    3. yes i do very much so... you dont understand that toshibas upload tool was signed with a private key and did not have to be released, as that part is not android nor open source, its the hardware up to the chip that flashed the chip directly. so that part of code did not have to be released, if it was not signed with a private key... we could of all just downloaded the free nvflash tool and flashed our devices, but, as companies do, they put things in place to stop that, and that came in the form of using signed keys from their nvflash tool to the device receiving the code/commands, in this case it was the thrive (in case you dont understand or got lost on this step) :P
    4. what post? its gone thanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    I didn't delete your post. I moderated it because (1) you could have asked in a nicer tone, and more importantly (2) profanity is not acceptable under any circumstances.

replied to only parts relevant you thought was worth quoting to reply to?
    Don't flatter yourself. You aren't worth that much time for me to pick apart your rant.

3. yes i do very much so... you dont understand that toshibas upload tool was signed with a private key and did not have to be released, as that part is not android nor open source, its the hardware up to the chip that flashed the chip directly. so that part of code did not have to be released, if it was not signed with a private key... we could of all just downloaded the free nvflash tool and flashed our devices, but, as companies do, they put things in place to stop that, and that came in the form of using signed keys from their nvflash tool to the device receiving the code/commands, in this case it was the thrive (in case you dont understand or got lost on this step) :P
    Actually, I understand and know a lot more than you think. I was here long before you found the forum, needing a hard flash because of Toshiba's locked-down firmware.

Were you there offering remote flashing? No, you weren't, but dalepl and Pio were. So you can start showing some respect to them for all the hard work long before you showed up.

As I already asked: if you left this community, why did you come back to make your post, or this one?
    Last edited by panda; 03-23-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    1. i cant remember asking for anything? i thought it was just a rant?
    2. you actually did pick them apart tho... didnt you, as you quoted me 5 times in 2 posts, so dont lie
    3. not what the dates state when accounts was created (but dont really care, just thought i would say)
    4. so you then must understand that the tool was not open source? you must get what im saying at this point? it was stolen.... if not point 5 is a good one.
    4.1 if you knew so much, then why was you calling it android and open source? only later to say it is toshibas locked down firmware (which requires their tool)? do you really know?
    5. did anyone else get the chance to offer remote flashings? NO, why is that? well it was explained in the post you deleted... so thanks!!!! also we couldn't even flash ourselves, really open source open community that, isnt it!!!!!!!
    6. its not really anything to do with pio... i just stated what he said once, and in my last post i stated "nothing against pio" maybe i should say "nothing to do with pio"
    7. i was just looking over some of the things i did a long time ago and remembered this site, and could not believe it was still active! so made a post, was hoping for dalepl but i got you

oh well, cheerio!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    1. i cant remember asking for anything? i thought it was just a rant?
    You have been whining all along why you didn't get dev status, implying you're again asking for it (and you're not going to get it, now or ever).

2. you actually did pick them apart tho... didnt you, as you quoted me 5 times in 2 posts, so dont lie
    I'm hardly lying, but you are here, again. I'm replying to whatever's relevant in your long-winded ranting.

3. not what the dates state when accounts was created (but dont really care, just thought i would say)
    I have no idea what you're talking about, but we were getting along without you and your negativity for a long time.

4. so you then must understand that the tool was not open source? you must get what im saying at this point? it was stolen.... if not point 5 is a good one.
    Of course the tool itself isn't open source, but your point here is irrelevant.

4.1 if you knew so much, then why was you calling it android and open source? only later to say it is toshibas locked down firmware (which requires their tool)? do you really know?
    Actually, I do know. Do you?

5. did anyone else get the chance to offer remote flashings? NO, why is that? well it was explained in the post you deleted... so thanks!!!! also we couldn't even flash ourselves, really open source open community that, isnt it!!!!!!!
    There were two very good reasons: legal liability for the forum itself, and also because not just anybody can be trusted to flash. Pio and dalepl had long-established reputations of trustworthiness. Long before you came to the forum, there was someone who got remote-flashed by Pio, took Pio's script (there were unique things in there that identified it), and then the script kiddie started offering services on the forum for "donations." How was anyone to know he was doing it correctly, or if he was using remote access to pull someone's files surreptitiously?

Now, that script kiddie wasn't you, was it? Is that why you're so butthurt here?

6. its not really anything to do with pio... i just stated what he said once, and in my last post i stated "nothing against pio" maybe i should say "nothing to do with pio"
    Now you're lying again. You came here after dalepl and Pio did a lot of service to myself and others, and instead of taking things in stride, you want to complain years after something didn't happen for you. Just what is it you want? What's the problem that you have to stir things up?

Do you know why I was asked to become a moderator? I hadn't thought about it, and then one day was an offer based on the help I'd given others. I was helpful because I was passing on the help I was given.

7. i was just looking over some of the things i did a long time ago and remembered this site, and could not believe it was still active! so made a post, was hoping for dalepl but i got you
    He hasn't replied to anything in a while, which is not surprising considering the Thrive's age and inability to be developed past 4.1. So what was your problem, were you that bored that you felt a need to go somewhere and stir things up?

oh well, cheerio!
    That's the one part you have correct. You're out of here for your vulgarity, arguing, and wasting forum staff's time. The current bid is 30 days. Do I hear more?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Since you want me to waste time picking apart your rant, very well, I'll indulge you once.

i hex edited files
    That's cool, thanks.

i also entered other threads
    That's cool, thanks.

i dont see how i did not contribute,

Did anybody ever say you never did?

i think you mean i did not have a previous dev status and didnt do enough for YOU as a forum... and the very reason pio_masaki dropped the revival is the same reason i dropped this forum many years ago, because of a lack of appreciation unless you already had developer status somewhere else... im glad to see this site DEAD.
    Actually, now that I re-read your post, I'm issuing a permanent ban so that you won't have to bother with our "DEAD" forum ever again.

on top of that... i use dalepl's name as a running joke now...

Gee, and you wonder why with that pleasant attitude of yours, you didn't get rewarded?

Try being nicer, on forums and in real life. You might actually get somewhere with people.

when someone has something that everyone wants but wont release it because its to powerful for the public... then [censored by panda] ME...
    Asked and answered in my previous reply. There were very good reasons it didn't become a self-flash service until there wasn't time for personal help.

hes either to busy or doesnt have a thrive anymore and its uploaded for everyone to use... this screams that he just wanted the power for a small time until he moved on to something else
    and we all had to wait to get our devices flashed by dalepl like he was a toshiba rep or something....

That's a bald-faced lie, a complete lie from start to finish.

JUST
    [censored by panda] NO, you stole it from toshiba as it was because you copied there files without authorization and then started your own little thing.... RING ANY BELLS??????
    Nothing was, in fact, "stolen." But wait a minute, you wanted to get in on the action, so you're saying right there you wanted to be complicit in theft? Good thing for you that you wouldn't have been.

so... if someone withholds something i simply say its another dalepl, because what he said and then did was absolutely ridiculous. im glad i left this community and im glad its gone.
    Like I said, now you won't have to worry about bothering with this forum ever again.

dalepl, what you did with this tool was absurd actually,,, after this time of programming and making electronics... and knowing how you got it and then what you did with it... is actually a very bad and disgusting way to do it... you may of had the mods fooled because they would have been first come first server so they would never have a problem with what you did... but the fact is this >>>>
    It was "absurd" to keep people from bricking their own devices and then blaming us?

What you call "fact" is, in fact, far from it.

YOU STOLE TOSHIBA SOFTWARE AND THEN USED IT ON A FORUM IN YOUR OWN WAY AND RESTRICTED ITS USE TO A "WHEN YOU HAVE TIME" BASIS, BECAUSE IT WAS 2 POWERFUL, THEN WHEN YOU HAD ENOUGH AND DINT WANT TO DO IT ANYMORE... YOU HANDED IT OVER FREELY AS IF EITHER... THE POWER HAS NOW BEEN SCALED DOWN FOR THE PUBLIC AND ITS OK....
    If you knew anything about the software, you'd know the reasons it wasn't released for anybody to use.

OR YOUR JUST ON WITH SOMETHING ELSE AND DONT CARE ANYMORE IF PEOPLE BREAK THEIR DEVICES.
    You weren't privy to the discussions behind the scenes about how much risk we'd be taking if we let just anybody use it. Have you ever run your own forum with powerful software that can permanently, physically ruin a device's firmware? Of course you haven't. If you didn't, you wouldn't be ranting like this.

DISGUSTING
    The language and attitude you've been expressing here? Yes, it's disgusting.

(for contrast, pio_masaki got dev status just because he registered to the site but was a previous dev at another site... because of that the mods made a snap decision to give him instant dev status in the hope to keep him and that he would bring good clockwork mod roms to the thrive, but that didnt happen either
    Another lie. Pio's status was earned from start to finish, and what you blame him for not delivering was not in the least his fault.

i pumped months of consistent work into the thrive and didnt get dev status???
    Will you feel better after a cookie and some warm milk?

that alone makes what dalepl said mean nothing and not even worth writing, as with two people the exact opposite of what is stated is what happened.) yea sound rite to me DALE LMFFFFFAAOAAOOO
    Hardly true like the rest of your rant. What you're written, and your sour attitude behind it, makes what you've written worth nothing.

Remove Ads

Ads