• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Smile Aviary photo editar?

So Dave is this the one you use? I watched the video, looks like it does lots more than the stock editor on the thrive.
    Lol.
    Will it work on smart phones as well, do you know?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Jeanette just found it, so I'm just now looking at it. I haven't done much photography this year, so I'm not really using much of anything at the moment. When I have used the camera with the Thrive, I've used RawPal Gallery to import the photos, then a variety of editors. I'm currently looking at Image Shrink Lite and will probably buy the full version ($1.22) to get the batch resize/rename capability. I often just import my photos, delete the ones I don't want to post, resize the rest, and post them to my Multiply page. If I have a lot though and the laptop is handy, it gets the nod over the Thrive, mostly because I like Picasa3 for croping and FastStone Image Viewer for resizing, renaming, etc. I'm still looking for a Picasa3-like editor and I'll see if Aviary or PicShop will be it. I'll tell you, we're a lot further along than we were when I got my Thrive last November. I still need to look at my granddaughter's iPad3 to see what Apple offers, but isn't easy to get it away from her.

What apps have you been using?
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    You're far more advanced than I, Dave, so my favorite programs might seem a bit simplistic.
    I'd used ACDSee for 10-11 years (I'd been a beta tester) but I then discovered IrfanView. It's worked on everything from WinME through Win7.
    Does basic editing quickly and efficiently (resize/resample, sharpen, crop, color correction) . It's a small program with a small footprint.
    For more intensive stuff, I'd used PSP back to v2, Photoshop, PSE , but I'm really happy with paint.net- a free app that works very nicely -if limited so far as plug-ins and affects.

sent from my modded Thrive using Tapatalk 2
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    Jeanette just found it, so I'm just now looking at it. I haven't done much photography this year, so I'm not really using much of anything at the moment. When I have used the camera with the Thrive, I've used RawPal Gallery to import the photos, then a variety of editors. I'm currently looking at Image Shrink Lite and will probably buy the full version ($1.22) to get the batch resize/rename capability. I often just import my photos, delete the ones I don't want to post, resize the rest, and post them to my Multiply page. If I have a lot though and the laptop is handy, it gets the nod over the Thrive, mostly because I like Picasa3 for croping and FastStone Image Viewer for resizing, renaming, etc. I'm still looking for a Picasa3-like editor and I'll see if Aviary or PicShop will be it. I'll tell you, we're a lot further along than we were when I got my Thrive last November. I still need to look at my granddaughter's iPad3 to see what Apple offers, but isn't easy to get it away from her.

What apps have you been using?
    Thanks,

I haven't tried any but the editor on the thrive. The free Amazon editor. For today, doesn't seem to have very good reviews.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Well, I always pick up the free ones, like PicShop, when they are offered. That way I have them, get the upgrades, and don't have to pay later. I now have 9 editors, 8 cameras, 4 galleries, and 3 others. And, no, I don't use them all, but I play with them from time to time.
    Cheers, Dave

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    @ danvee I have been using irfanview since forever can't be beat with all plug-in's for free also use photoshop I'm getting to like coral x2 also.For PC

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

Waiting for DD which one Avairy or the free one @ amazon Pic shop editor for thrive..
    Last edited by BusyOne; 06-22-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    JB-cm10-Kuroikaze Shinka b-21 Rom & tweaked w/pimp my rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    You're far more advanced than I, Dave, so my favorite programs might seem a bit simplistic.
    I'd used ACDSee for 10-11 years (I'd been a beta tester) but I then discovered IrfanView. It's worked on everything from WinME through Win7.
    Does basic editing quickly and efficiently (resize/resample, sharpen, crop, color correction) . It's a small program with a small footprint.
    For more intensive stuff, I'd used PSP back to v2, Photoshop, PSE , but I'm really happy with paint.net- a free app that works very nicely -if limited so far as plug-ins and affects.
    Never heard of Paint Net, so I sent myself a note to check it out. I've used PSP since the very beginning, but I think Corel has ruined it. I have Photoshop, but I'm just not into processing to that degree. Tried ACDSee and IrFanView years ago, but not PSE. I still use Picass3 because it's quick and free, but I'm always open to something else.
    Cheers, Dave

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    right now I just used my photo gallery editor. I haven't play with Aivary yet.

055.jpgHummers 014.jpg
    Cheers, Jeanette ,
    "I am strong. I am invincible. I am redhead

AT100
    Rooted (DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0002 )

Remove Ads

Ads