• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: ICS...what difference will it make..?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Okay then, I guess if and when we ever get ICS our description will change on our tablet in the Service Station. Just was curious on what they are doing to be updating so much. When your rooted you still get service station updates?
    I got a notice for 3.2.1 when I was still on 3.2, but nothing since. We can still check for updates, etc., we just can't install them and have to wait for Paul to get us an updated ROM.
    Shadow likes this.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Okay then, I guess if and when we ever get ICS our description will change on our tablet in the Service Station. Just was curious on what they are doing to be updating so much. When your rooted you still get service station updates?
    As dalepl said, automatic updates do not happen with SS. Also, that if you're rooted, OS updates won't load. It will still function as a notifier, but even if you d/l the files they won't load.
    What you're seeing is a reporting of the device. (not unlike settings/tablet)
    My thinking still is that, if it's doing updating at all, SS is just maintaining itself, maybe "phoning home" as it were.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Now I hope I don't see it either.Like you said don't use the SS Jeanette on updates , so I just X out. Only get it every once in awhile.I think the last one was when I ask you just the other day about it. I thought when I did look it said what it was for. come to think about it I think it did say 3.2.1 on it .

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    Sorry. I have only used the SS once, way back in November, so I have no idea. I did just take a look though and don't see any way to get a list of past updates.

As a side note, it had been telling me I had an undate for 3.2.1 available, but it now shows my current dalepl ROM and no longer bugs me. I'm not sure when or why the change because it only recently stopped.
    Cheers, Jeanette ,
    "I am strong. I am invincible. I am redhead

AT100
    Rooted (DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0002 )

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Twitter
    LAWNKILLER1
    I haven't updated in a long while, and the other day I notice SS notification. I almost got excited thinking ICS was here (don't know why, I really could care less but I did) but it was just reminding that I had two updates to do. I'll pay attention the next time it comes up and see what two they are. I noticed My Dolphin browser hasn't been doing the best lately (not that has anything to do with it). I may try unistalling the colored themes and see if that helps.
    UnRooted 16gb Thrive, aka the TAB

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I just checked my version and it says 3.2.131.5 Knock on wood I hope your always able to get the updates ok being rooted at all. Does Paul have a back up plan just in case he leaves the country?????????

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    I just checked my version and it says 3.2.131.5 Knock on wood I hope your always able to get the updates ok being rooted at all. Does Paul have a back up plan just in case he leaves the country?????????
    It's not an issue. You can always flash the stock ROM and Toshiba will be none the wiser....
    So far as Paul's going anywhere......well, I hope we never have to deal with that...
    Last edited by danvee; 06-13-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    Halo likes this.
    ~Dan

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Twitter
    techdigital
    I just wanna be able to watch my time warner cable on my tablet but they blocked it unless u have ics

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by techdigital; 06-13-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Quote Originally Posted by techdigital View Post
    I just wanna be able to watch my time warner cable on my tablet but they blocked it unless u have ics

Do they provide a way to watch through a browser?
    ~Dan

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by techdigital View Post

Now that's a good complaint. Did they just do this recently? I foresee more of this coming as more networks require a cable/sat account to watch content online.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    My suggestion to anyone is to wait and let the dev's do their thing with ics before loading it.

JiveTurkee and DoubleDAZWIFE like this.
    Happy Thrive user running CM10 Jellybean.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads