• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lion

Thread: [Mounting Mod] How to Get EXT-SDcard To Mount Inside INT-SDcard

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    237 times

Lightbulb [Mounting Mod] How to Get EXT-SDcard To Mount Inside INT-SDcard

READ ENTIRELY BEFORE TRYING

First off I did a lot of research and found how to mount the ext-sdcard inside the int-sdcard automatically with a lot of trial and error. This only needs to be done if you are planning on porting a rom that does not have an ext-sdcard mount built into vold.fstab file like our Thrive does. This is a quick mod tutorial. If you do not know what you are doing than please do not attempt. I am not responsible for your device(s). Try at your own risk. This mod worked on my Shazaam rom. Here we go....
    All these step are as if you are working from your computer on a rom.zip. No adb guidence given.

Unpack the rom.zip....

1. Mod The Build.Prop inside /system/ folder. Open the file with Notepad++ to edit. Copy and paste the code below at the bottom of your build.prop file and save
    Code:

# Mount the externel SD card, too
    ro.additionalmounts=/mnt/sdcard/sdcard2

2. Mod The Vold.Fstab file inside /system/etc/ folder. Open the file with Notepad++ to edit. Locate the line containing sdcard2 line and delete that entire line. Replace with code below, then save and close.
    Code:

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/sdhci-tegra.2/mmc_host/mmc1

3. You must copy over the vold file from the /system/bin folder from the stock Thrive rom inorder for this to work.

4. Final and hardest mod, Modding the boot.img ramdisk files. Mod the init.antares (If you do not know how to unpack and pack the boot.img then stop here, and forget about this mod until you do know how):

First locat the line:

mkdir /mnt/sdcard 0000 system system

Replace with:

mkdir /mnt/sdcard 0666 system system

Insert the code below right above # create directory for mounting usb drives:

exp ort EXTERNAL_STORAGE2 /mnt/sdcard/sdcard2
    mkdir /mnt/sdcard/sdcard2 0666 system system
    symlink /mnt/sdcard/sdcard2 /sdcard2

Repack the boot.img. Build your rom with these mods in place and the ext-sdcard will automatically mount inside the int-sdcard. Enjoy......
    Last edited by Vgeezy; 06-11-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    "You can please some of the people all of the time,
    all of the people some of the time,
    but never all of the people all of the time"

V Geezy

Currently on Smacked Up to Shazaam!!

2. Ads

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    Winhacker_es
    please, update smacked up with this and with turbo build.prop v2 and with favum's oc kernel.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 32Gb - If it can be hacked, deserves to be hacked

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    seems interesting, i won't attempt such a thing since i'm no expert. but just out of curiosity, how will data and storage be written if there's two "internal sd" storages? like lets say u copy and paste a file, how would you know it went into the actual external card and vice versa?
    jorge505 likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads