• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Verizon MiFi

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    No Clear here either - I'm in michigan - it does seem like a pretty good deal though -

Sent from my Honeybaked 2.0 TT with Tapatalk 2
    32gb Thrive
    Dalepl's IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Well, guys, keep checking or get on their list to notify when available. The thing that sold me, that clinched it for me, was that they gave me 15 days to try it out and if I didn't like, I could have gotten my money back... nothing to lose. Customer service is fantastic too. I had one time when the spot couldn't connect and it was a problem in the tower near me. That CS rep had someone dispatched to fix it immediately. IIRC, she said they guaranteed it would be back on within 2 hours, and I think it was less than a half hour. Tower problems can happen to any service. It's how problems are handled that makes the difference.
    Clear supervior called me next a.m. wanting to know if I was satisfied with the way the rep treated me and handled the problem.

FastFranky, I apologize. I really just wanted to let you know what Clear offers in case you decided Verizon Mifi wasn't for you for some reason. As dalepl said, Verizon works, and works well. They are estabished, and have great coverage area, as well as other plusses. I know there have been threads here before with lots of members raving about Verizon's mobile Mifi. Forgive me, my little girl says Mommy is a walking commercial when she likes something, and thinks everyone in the world wants to hear all about it, LOL. Guess the kid's got me pegged.
    Last edited by rosalie; 06-02-2012 at 03:32 PM.
    DoubleDAZWIFE likes this.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Thanks for all the responses. I decided to give Verizon a try. They give me 14 days to try it. I should get it Tuesday. $50 a month for 5 Gb and $10 for each additional gig is not that bad. I can probably keep it below 5 gigs.

Tapped in with Tapatalk 2

TLJ

mifi

Don't do it! I recently got verizons mifi I'm in a 4g area. My regular laptops,my wifes IPad all work great! My thrive constantly hangs,I have to reset the mifi, shutdown and restart my thrive. Than even then it may not work. Earlier this evening none of my browsers would load up yahoo or googe or bing. Went to my laptop, wifes Ipad, everything up at the snp of your fingers. I'll shut down for an hour or so, boot up and it will work. Yet 20 minutes later after surfing on other things they won't load up again as do many other sites, plus they will be slow at times. Again whereas the laptop and Ipad work flawlessly. Anyone got an suggestions or are having the same problem? I'm stuck with this freaking mifi for 2 years short of a $175 cancellation fee.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads