• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Trying the free month of Amazon prime.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bgrau2000 View Post
    to all you Amazon fans et al.
    here, and no need to comment on this one... LOL!
    Ok, I won't. Mind you, I could, but you asked me not to.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

2. Ads

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    @inabster
    very kind of you dear Sire...

so I will comment for you (on mine behalf)...

in the UK Royal Mail do deliver on Saturday as standard...

it could be as stupid as the postman in charge of delivery reported as sick on Saturday LOL!

just because I like companies to keep their word (I used to work for American Express, and when we said we will courier something on such a day, we will make darn sure you get it on such a day, even if it cost us more than the price of the service/item delivered)...
    I will email them and state my discontent... hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    Ok, I won't. Mind you, I could, but you asked me not to.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Please let us know what happens. I used to deliver mail, so I'm curious. Did you order early Friday for them to guarantee delivery the next day?
    Cheers, Dave

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    @inabster

order early in the day?

Please let us know what happens. I used to deliver mail, so I'm curious. Did you order early Friday for them to guarantee delivery the next day?
    In the UK, so long as you order before 5:00 pm, it is considered as within the day...

Each town has a last call from their main Royal Mail depot as being 19:00 apart from Saturday which is 13:00

So far every time I made a special delivery order (that means next day delivery) on a Friday, even as late as 16:00. I received my order on the Saturday (not the next week Saturday, LOL!)... same when I sent...

Besides, on the Amazon website, when I was typing in my order, it said "order within the next three hours, and you will get your order Saturday 16june before 1:00 pm"...
    they could have sent it by courier if they knew Royal Mail wouldn't honor their promise...

and btw they can claim their money back from Royal Mail for delivery as this is part of the deal...

also in case you wondered, Saturday has been official working day in the UK for quite a long time now...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Thanks. I figured most of that out. When you say Sat has been a workday, do you mean for everyone or Royal Mail?

FWIW, I used to make business trips up to RAF Fylingdales back in the early '90s. Always enjoyed the visits, even the drive up.
    bgrau2000 likes this.
    Cheers, Dave

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    @inabster
    good for you, even though some of my compadres do not always like the use of British air space by the American Air Force (chuckle)...

yep Saturday is even a working day to many high street Banks too (which was not the case in the 90's or the 80's)...

that being said, Amazon profusely apologised on Monday (my package was not to be seen on Monday either, lol!) and have offered out of the generosity of their heart, to extend by one month my free trial...

I finally received the package on Tuesday at about 12:00... LOL, and it was First Class Standard Delivery, not Special Delivery as they claimed...
    I have never sent something less than the rate of First Class Standard Delivery, there is Second Class Delivery which supposedly takes up to one week to deliver (only use it sometimes in prepaid return mail, and even then usually affixes a 1st class stamp, as I trust 1st class better)...

not to sound too snobbish, but 1st class delivery is the cheapest form of delivery for me in Royal Mail... and that they (Amazon) try to sell me this as Special Delivery is ludicrous...

I told them already to be careful with their words, for us special delivery is next day guaranteed, signed for, and insured up to GBP250 value...

What is further laughable is the little advert they included while I was filling a satisfaction survey, that they wanted their users to help them to build the most successful exchange of goods business on the internet...

well I think not... not when you make false claims advertising a product...

incidentally I would not have minded paying the extra 5 bucks for express delivery...

there is no point in having this premium feature, nothing much in terms of benefits, and yearly 50 bucks lighter in terms of pocket money...
    maybe it will be worthier to give this to charity or a deserving software dev...

jeff bezos is rich enough, methinks

Thanks. I figured most of that out. When you say Sat has been a workday, do you mean for everyone or Royal Mail?

FWIW, I used to make business trips up to RAF Fylingdales back in the early '90s. Always enjoyed the visits, even the drive up.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Bummer that it did nothing for you. I like the free movies and the free 2 day shipping.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    BTW, did you try to get your membership fee back?

Nevermind, Ijust remembered you just did this during the trial.
    Cheers, Dave

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

Ads