• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Master USB game controller / gamepad compatibility list

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i recently bought a wired ps3 controller off ebay. However nowhere on the controller is the playstation logo visible and no id plate on the back of the controller. It did not work...I did not realize it was not an official ps3 controller or i would have never bought it.

Can anyone verify the f310 or 510 from logitech? I bet they work but would love to know for a fact before i buy!
    Last edited by iwannawagoneer; 06-22-2012 at 06:22 PM.

2. Ads

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Twitter
    techdigital
    Logitech rumble pad 2
    Gravis game pad pro
    Logitech action pad all work great

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been trying to figure this out for a while and could really use some help. Maybe one of you knows..?

I'm using no-name USB game pads on SNES emulators. They work fine, but I run into problems when trying to map two of them on a USB hub. Even though I'm mapping them as separate controllers (tried Super GNES and ) only the first controller seems to work. It also seems to control the second player at the same time.

Any thoughts on what I can try next?

Many thanks.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by weirby View Post
    I have been trying to figure this out for a while and could really use some help. Maybe one of you knows..?

I'm using no-name USB game pads on SNES emulators. They work fine, but I run into problems when trying to map two of them on a USB hub. Even though I'm mapping them as separate controllers (tried Super GNES and ) only the first controller seems to work. It also seems to control the second player at the same time.

Any thoughts on what I can try next?

Many thanks.
    I haven't tried a pair of them on a hub - will maybe try that if I get some time. I use a HTPC with Hyperspin for my multiplayer emulation needs

So far the only non-working controller - coincidentally - is my dual-SNES-to-USB adapter from Mayflash (accepts 2 SNES pads -> one USB port) which is a bit like your hub setup if you think about it.

Updated the OP also.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I got a "generic" controller labelled for PS3 from Gamestop under their branding and it seems to work OK so far. I've tried Quake and GTA3, although GTA seems to have a few quirks. I pressed something along the way that set random viewpoint changes and can't seem to undo it. Somewhat aggravating, but until I did that it was fine. I may go with rooting ICS later and see if that changes anything. I think I have a few others that might work with controllers too, have to look into it later.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Does the Gamestop Tablet controller work? I read that it works on the Excite.

Cheers Zires

Have owned many PDA's and Device from Palm Pilot to Android to Apple. Currently have an Opitimus V, Toshiba Thrive, and an iPad (3rd generation).

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times

Re: Master USB game controller / gamepad compatibility list

Target has two controllers on clearance. Both with dongles for ps3. Madcatz Wireless Gamepad and Power A Mini Pro Elite. Going to give them a try and report back.

Update. The madcatz with the dongle works. Not going to try the power a as it is rechargeable and the madcatz takes two double A's. I'm so happy with the madcatz and for $15 at target is awesome!

What works any game with configurable controls. Can't map the right analog stick but that is understandable. Dead Trigger, Shadowgun and the multiplayer Shadowgun works. GTA 3 somewhat works but I still need to swap weapons by swiping the screen, and there is no run button. Max Payne does not shoot, and items cannot be used etc. All in all I'm really happy!

Edit. Checked the Power A Mini Pro Elite and works just the same.

Anyone figure out how to configure gta 3 and Max Payne to fully work? Got run to work on gta 3 but no horn, so I can't do side jobs. Max Payne cannot use items and shooting doesn't work.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by zires; 11-04-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Cheers Zires

Have owned many PDA's and Device from Palm Pilot to Android to Apple. Currently have an Opitimus V, Toshiba Thrive, and an iPad (3rd generation).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Ads