• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Do you know what game this is?

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Do you know what game this is?

I know these pictures are bad but I wonder if anyone recognizes this video game. I would like to download it and check it out. It looks pretty good. Thanks so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    That is HISTORY Great Battles Medieval You can find it here: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    How is it batfish, you played it? I'm a lover of the total war series, but the history channel game for windows was kinda blah compared to total war.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    I haven't tried it yet, I've just seen a few youtube videos and it seems like a really cool game

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Yes, I would love to hear some opinions on this since it isnt free.
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    I went ahead and bought it, I will post a short review eventually, once I pry myself away from Galaxy on Fire 2 THD :P
    batfish likes this.
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I played it, and I hated it. It gives you very little control over the battle. You cannot control individual soldiers, they are grouped into regiments for you, and you control the regiments by telling them to move to places. Thats all you can do. Not only that, but you cant always control them. You have to place the game into "moving around mode" before it lets you do anything other than watching the battle.

Graphics are horrible compared to other tegra 2 games, controls are very poorly done. It very much seems like this game was rushed out the door just to get it onto the android maret quickly.

I believe this was one of the first "featured" tegra 2 games to hit the android market, and it really shows. Dont waste your money on this one unless you want to support the dev.
    Apota likes this.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    I was hoping of more of a total war style feel, but. I guess it is like the history channel great battles for windows, barely mediocre.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks so much for the feedback. I won't be purchasing it then. What games do you recommend then? Any good RPGs, or any other types of games that have good graphics and are fun to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Jibe View Post
    I played it, and I hated it. It gives you very little control over the battle. You cannot control individual soldiers, they are grouped into regiments for you, and you control the regiments by telling them to move to places. Thats all you can do. Not only that, but you cant always control them. You have to place the game into "moving around mode" before it lets you do anything other than watching the battle.

Graphics are horrible compared to other tegra 2 games, controls are very poorly done. It very much seems like this game was rushed out the door just to get it onto the android maret quickly.

I believe this was one of the first "featured" tegra 2 games to hit the android market, and it really shows. Dont waste your money on this one unless you want to support the dev.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    There a few good games on honeycomb so far. I've tried alot and there are def some good ones. Riptide GP the racing game is fun, Random Mahjong, and the Pinball game for tegra is actually very addictive. If you like strategy, you can try My Country, its kind of like Sim City but slimmed down, tries to get you to purchase stuff in game though.

RPG wise, there is Inotia 3, its a very good Zelda style RPG (top down graphics). You can always load up the playstation emulator and get all your old PSX favorites too. Oh, and Samurai II is pretty fun, but I could never get it to save my progress so I stopped playing it. The other RPG I like is Battleheart, that has some good Flash-style graphics and its pretty fun. Perfect for big tablets.

Sprinkle is a new puzzler that just came out, i've only played for a few mins but it seems like it could be fun. I've heard its too short though. Can't forget Dungeon Defenders too though, very good graphics for tegra and its got fun gameplay.

Hope this helps you.

P.S. - W/e you do don't play Angry Birds!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads