• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Any dev's up to creating a hack like tobacer to get Gameloft games working on CM10?

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by diesburg View Post
    I don't even know how it would stay, I thought your build.prop would be overwritten when you flashed a new rom

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    It is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    You know what your right it did replace it with at100. But asphalt still works. I think it can't call home to check the build or something. Oh well I will just modify it when I reinstall later.

life is better with root and CM10

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    You know what your right it did replace it with at100. But asphalt still works. I think it can't call home to check the build or something. Oh well I will just modify it when I reinstall later.

life is better with root and CM10
    I think the Gameloft games may only do device check once..... I never revert back to normal at100 lines after modding to a500 so I don't know for sure....I plan on leaving mine as a500, the only thing I don't get out of that is the new goo.Im update feature which I'm fine with, I check this forum so much throughout the day, I never miss an update....lol

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diesburg View Post
    Thanks for the info, I'm gonna try that out tomorrow....... were you able to move any of the Gameloft game data?

Just realized.... does gl2sd mean Gameloft to SD? Lol

Yes, gl2sd means gameloft to sd. Some other non-gameloft games will work with it also, but not all games.

I moved about 8gb of gameloft game data from internal memory onto my sdcard2.
    THRiVE 16gb
    CM10 Jellybean 4.1.2 (built from source with pio_masaki's trees and kernel)
    TWRP Recovery (built by pio_masaki)
    GL2SD
    128gb Lexar 400x UHS-i Class 10 SDXC Card

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Hi guys, first off let me say great thread here! i have been dealing with the problems of gameloft games not working since I updated to ICS Im using Dalepl's version and have tried everything posted for the Tobacer hack and have still been unsuccessful. i guess I'm wondering what Rom and recovery's you all are running and what changes or files have given you the most success? I am most interested in getting he Gameloft games that I have purchased running IE.....MC3, Nova3 NFS Shift, heck and some of the older games...i was one of the few that purchased but wasnt able to test during the timeframe so couldnt get a refund for my purchases or purchased when games were really cheap...most of all i just want to be able to use my Thrive for what it was meant to be the universal does it all kick ass device!!! So any help would be great. sorry for the long post just looking for any help if possible.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times

Re: Any dev's up to creating a hack like tobacer to get Gameloft games working on CM1

Did you try my directions on the first page, its the 7th post down.....

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Trying it now, just wondering if the problem is with ICS or not. really want this to work, Gaming is the only thing left on my Thrive that I have yet to conquer in order to have the ultimate device in my eyes.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Ok, Im waking up now. tried the permissions change still same results. reread the threads again...I will try the CM10-Ancient_Aardvark-20121019 rom any suggestions on a the best recovery to use?

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times

Re: Any dev's up to creating a hack like tobacer to get Gameloft games working on CM1

Quote Originally Posted by pparks View Post
    Ok, Im waking up now. tried the permissions change still same results. reread the threads again...I will try the CM10-Ancient_Aardvark-20121019 rom any suggestions on a the best recovery to use?
    The recovery your using shouldnt make a difference whether the tobacer hackp works or not.... i gotta go to work in a few, if you havent got it figured out by the time i get off, ill help you more

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Thread closed. please see this thread
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Ads