• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: [HowTo] TobAcer Hack for Toshiba Thrive ICS

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having an issue saving the build prop after editing it. I'm using File Manager HD(tablet) it has root access and I can edit the prop directly from FM with it's built it text editor, but when I go to save it comes back with "error while saving" and reverts to original. I am getting root permission on everything so it makes no sense to me...

nevermind the above, just used a different file manager (ES) saved fine but now I can't seem to open the Play Store as it keeps coming back with a server error..... the heck ?
    Last edited by DoubleDAZ; 08-19-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Language

2. Ads

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    Winhacker_es
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamEggKing View Post
    I'm having an issue saving the build prop after editing it. I'm using File Manager HD(tablet) it has root access and I can edit the prop directly from FM with it's built it text editor, but when I go to save it comes back with "error while saving" and reverts to original. I am getting root permission on everything so it makes no sense to me...

nevermind the above, just used a different file manager (ES) saved fine but now I can't seem to open the Play Store as it keeps coming back with a server error..... the heck ?
    besides wiping cache with cwm, did you delete google services framework data and google play data?

there you go, problem solved :-)

ITS WRITEN IN RED IN THE OP:-)

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 32Gb - If it can be hacked, deserves to be hacked
    Last edited by DoubleDAZ; 08-19-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Language in quote

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did all that. Restarted the system 3 times to finally get the store back up.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    Winhacker_es
    I did all that. Restarted the system 3 times to finally get the store back up.
    im glad you managed to fix it :-)

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 32Gb - If it can be hacked, deserves to be hacked

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Geranospiza View Post
    never tried it... maybe tomorrow i will give it a look. maybe even do a review of it

please, avoid naming that app, we dont want this thread to be closed.

no support for piracy either in this forum thank you
    Too late, we're already looking at this thread thanks to this post. If we find it violates any rules, it will be deleted. If we find that parts of the discussion violates any rules, they will be deleted. If discussions continue, they will be deleted and the thread will be closed. There is no tolerance for piracy here and even if you are careful, suspect discussions will also be removed and participants warned/issued Infractions. Fooling the Store is okay. So is avoiding ads. Anything further is not.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    Winhacker_es
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    Fooling the Store is okay. So is avoiding ads. Anything further is not.
    Understood

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    since this is game related, Ive been going through All my previous apps in the playstore and I'm noticing that a lot of the sruff I had bought before is asking me to pay for it again ..... same account (only have 1 google account for all my android devices) what gives?
    Last edited by DoubleDAZ; 08-19-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Question removed - answered in PM

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    Winhacker_es
    since this is game related, Ive been going through All my previous apps in the playstore and I'm noticing that a lot of the sruff I had bought before is asking me to pay for it again ..... same account (only have 1 google account for all my android devices) what gives?
    i reallyt dont know why...

myabe because you reached the limit of the devices you can install the app into? idk...

since i only have 1 device i really dont know what to say

for words with bad tone... i really dont care since i know you didnt say it as an insult, but its not me who rules, are the mods and admins watching us. they chose

im just a normal user, like you
    Last edited by DoubleDAZ; 08-19-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Quote fixed

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    somehow I just cant see you as normal!

normals boring anyway!

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    Winhacker_es
    somehow I just cant see you as normal!

normals boring anyway!
    xd

i started in january, the 10th to first root my device. i was a wii and windows user, and i knew nothing about android. XD

then i wanted to make my device better, and use HDD in my thrive and play dvd's and .... well, a lot of stuff

for that stuff i looked online, made my researches, READ A LOT. also, mods and admins have large experience.

i know you dont see me as normal, noone does arround here. i've been warned a large amount of times, but now i've learned what i can post and what i cant.

my way to see myself, as an "advanced" user. im no dev. dev is mighty dalepl. i just know how to use very well the tooks that devs gives us

being mod would be such an honor and priviledge, yet i still have lots to learn and questions to ask. and thats the decision of admins to make.

no, not boring, always trying new stuff, modifying stuff in my thrive, making reviews of games... etc...

for fun and thriving, you have this forum, for anything else.... GOOGLE

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads