• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Thrive Volume: How do I make it louder?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thrive Volume: How do I make it louder?

Hello all... I've had my Thrive for a couple of months now and I'm pretty happy. My only real complaint is the well known weak volume on the thing. I know a lot has to do with the Toshiba "enhancements" which I have tweaked and disabled from various sources of advice on these forums (thanks again dudes!). Is there a ROM or root fix out there I haven't heard about yet?
    Last edited by epakrat75; 12-13-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Title clarification

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Welcome

I'm pretty convinced it was a batch of tt's that are having this volume issue. I personally don't experience this and I'm sure some might agree as well. Not sure though

However, a solution to it is an external portable amp. There are a couple of threads that covers this.

To get you started though...
    From best to worse in my opinion and personal usage.

Gary pa2v2
    Boostaroo
    Fiios

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    ~ Exile

Toshiba Tank - OOM + Overclocked
    HTC Evo 3D - not rooted "yet"
    Lenovo Y560 - i7q720, ATI 5730, G700

Rooting Guides: BatFish CWM Guide | Dalepl Roms | Bilgediver Root Videos

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I have no issues at all with volume , neither the headphone nor speaker volume, both are plenty loud on my Thrive. Matter of fact with headphones on I leave volume down almost near the bottom and its more than plenty loud on mine. I did look at the tweaks in settings but honestly I dont need them. I run it with all the enhancements turned on......

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I find that the volume from the headphone jack is no where near lound enough also.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas440 View Post
    I have no issues at all with volume , neither the headphone nor speaker volume, both are plenty loud on my Thrive. Matter of fact with headphones on I leave volume down almost near the bottom and its more than plenty loud on mine. I did look at the tweaks in settings but honestly I dont need them. I run it with all the enhancements turned on......
    +1

In fact, in most games I have to cut the volume WAYYY down. Only Netflix seems a bit low regardless of audio settings.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Welcome

I'm pretty convinced it was a batch of tt's that are having this volume issue. I personally don't experience this and I'm sure some might agree as well. Not sure though

However, a solution to it is an external portable amp. There are a couple of threads that covers this.

To get you started though...
    From best to worse in my opinion and personal usage.

Gary pa2v2
    Boostaroo
    Fiios

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    Agreed I think we're seeing batch issues with some of these thrives, just wish we had a way to figure out which ones to look for to send back to Toshiba for a recall or possible solution.
    Toshiba Thrive 10" - CynagenMod 10 "Convoluted Crocodile U3"
    Motorola Atrix 2 (ICS) - Stock
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Retired
    Ubuntu 12.04 32bit
    Kumbuntu 11.11 32bit
    Windows 8 RC 32bit

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I recommended on another post to start getting serial numbers put together from people with this problem. If a substantial number of them exist and you save Toshiba the time to figure out which ones they may find out what lot of Thrives has defective jacks and/or chips. It will take someone to take charge and get a post started and then after the info is collected get to Toshiba for a solution. Someone with the problem may have to send their unit back for study. I have no such problem and my sound it almost turned off during normal use. Good Luck!
    Toshiba Thrive 16G, Viewsonic Gtab, Pandigital Novel
    Alienware Aurora R3-Intel i7 2600K, 16 gig 1600 ram, 2-GTS 450 in SLI (each has 1.5 gig mem.), 120 gig SSD, 1T 6gig second hard drive, liquid cooled, Blu-Ray player/DVD burner w/lightscribe

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Where I notice the biggest problem with the volume is if there's any amount of background noise. I was half a block from a busy street, with my Thrive sitting on my car roof trying to hear something and it was nearly impossible. A bigger problem is on aircraft, as even with ear buds, the noise from the jet engines just about neutralizes the maximum sound level on the Thrive.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same experience Pete59. I have seen suggested to use an in-line amplifier to boost the volume. Companies like Boosteroo and Fiio are good options as I understand. I have yet to try anything myself.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    This is the one I went with and I am very happy with it. I like the USB rechargeable lithium battery.

Fiio E6 Headphone Amplifier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads