This How To will guide you on how to perform a nandroid backup/restore of the data on your Thrive. This will allow you to make a full system backup of your Thrive.
Note: Your External SD Card or any custom folders you may have created on your internal storage will not be included in the backup.
1. You will need to have ClockWorkMod. Check the Development section if you don't have it installed.
2. Turn off your Thrive (hold down the power button) Once your thrive is turned off Hold down the Volume + button and at the same time press the power button together. You will then feel the Haptic Feedback (vibration) and your Thrive will turn on. You will then see the screen below:
3. In the middle of the screen you will see 3 images with the volume + and - select the middle one and press the power button to select it.
4. This will bring up clockworkmod recovery it will say at the top of the screen "CWM-based recovery"
5. Again, we will navigate through the menu with the volume + and - buttons on your thrive. Go ahead and select "backup and restore"
6. The next screen will say "nandroid" it will have a backup and restore option, select backup with the power button on your thrive
7. Now it will say choose internal storage or external SD Card. Select External SD Card with volume + - and press power to select. Keep in mind... if you choose Internal storage then later flash a ROM that wipes your data, You will loose that backup on your internal storage.
8. It will now start the backup process, let it run and wait for it to say "Backup Complete!"
9. Once it has finished it will restore the menu options at the top. You are now done with the backup and you can select "reboot system now"
1. Follow steps 2-6 above but on step #6 select Restore instead of Backup.
2. You will then be asked to select internal or external SD Card, select the same option you used to backup the first time.
3. You will then see your backup listed there. In my example below I have 2 backups if you have only done this once you will only see one listed. Choose your image to restore and press power to select.
4. It will now start to restore your backup image to your Thrive. Once it is done it will restore the menu at the top.
5. Thats it! You have restored your Thrive. You can now select "reboot system now" from the menu.
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage or loss of data that may occur to your device.