• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Home Replacement App: ADW Launcher

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Ah yes, The original primary dock only allows up to 5 icons (compared to its competition, Golauncher and Launcher pro seems like a paltry few).

One thing you can do is switch to the secondary/hidden dockbar. By default the action is to swipe "down", or away from the screen on the dockbar and you should see the "hidden" dockbar. You can put as many icons as you want on it (downside it is has no icon labels so better not have multiple folders with the same icons in it!)

this is what I have done on mine: I have actually disabled the primary dockbar
    ADWSettings > UISettings > Main Dock Style --- Choose "None" (This is where you select 1, 3, or 5 as well)
    Wish he had more icons listed for tablets, we easily have the screen real estate to accomodate it.

Ok Now for the other dockbar
    ADWSettings > UISettings > Hidden Dockbar
    "Use as primary" is checked
    "Dockbar" is checked

Ok now since the primary dockbar is gone, its harder to bring back the secondary dockbar (you normally could bring it back by swiping up or down on the primary dockbar). I changed my "swipe up" gesture to Hide/Show Hidden Dockbar.

ADWSettings > General Behavior > Gestures > Swipe up actions > Open/Close Dockbar

since the latest update to ADW Ex, he added the app drawer shortcut in the top left, I haven't actually set Swipe Down to anything just yet
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    By disabling the primary dockbar, you get more screen real estate, but the secondary dockbar blocks the lower part of the screen, so when you're not using it you can swipe up/down (depending on which one you choose) and hide it until you want to get to your shortcuts.

The secondary dockbar has a "shelf" look to it that's kind of cool, so when you see that you can drag and drop any icon onto it, and it fits an infinite number of icons, and IS scrollable.
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Thanks so much for helping me yet again, bilgediver.
    gadget fanatic, and a thriveforums super mod.

Have a problem THRiVE Related? Check out the ThriveForums Official THRiVE FAQ's

Afraid of getting in trouble? New Member? Read OUR GUIDELINES

my_devices: Android: Toshiba Thrive (not rooted, stock 3.2), Kindle Fire (not rooted, stock), Sony S1 (not rooted, stock), SE Xperia PLAY (not rooted, Android 2.3 w/ QQLauncher Pro) iOS/Other: 2goPad Windows OS Tablet, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 1, iPod touch 1G/4G

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Hey that's why this thread is here, and I always enjoy helping out other people to enjoy apps that I enjoy as well!
    techelec likes this.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgediver View Post
    Hey that's why this thread is here, and I always enjoy helping out other people to enjoy apps that I enjoy as well!
    You are the man with ADW!
    Ahhh...I have joined the ROOTED side of the Force...

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    You are the man with ADW!
    You hit it on the spot!
    gadget fanatic, and a thriveforums super mod.

Have a problem THRiVE Related? Check out the ThriveForums Official THRiVE FAQ's

Afraid of getting in trouble? New Member? Read OUR GUIDELINES

my_devices: Android: Toshiba Thrive (not rooted, stock 3.2), Kindle Fire (not rooted, stock), Sony S1 (not rooted, stock), SE Xperia PLAY (not rooted, Android 2.3 w/ QQLauncher Pro) iOS/Other: 2goPad Windows OS Tablet, Apple iPad 2, Apple iPad 1, iPod touch 1G/4G

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Aw shucks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Updated Post to show some Honeycomb Screenshots.

Here is my current setup, only 3 homescreens, but honestly on a tablet with all of this screen real estate, I don't fill it up anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bilgediver; 12-02-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    danvee likes this.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Latest ADW update, has done away with the old primary Dockbar, improved scrolling speed and improved hardware acceleration.

On my phone its awesome, on my tablet it should be even better.
    Ill post more later.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    I love adw its what im running until I have root which..shouldn't be too long

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive 3.2.1 Thrival performance BETA with Tapatalk
    THRiVE Support/Fun Community CHAT
    and Join the channel: #THRiVE Since we dont have a spot where I could just upload a chat without permission, this will do for now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads