• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How do I clean a Thrive

Hi, this is my first visit to this forum, thanks for the membership.

I have a new Toshiba Thrive, my first tablet, I know as a Windows PC user that when you delete a file, program, etc... it always leaves files and folders throughout the Programs Files and System Registry and various other locations. I know how to completely purge my system on a PC from all these leftovers, but is there some way to remove all fingerprints on a Thrive from leftover/space eating files, folders and tracks?

Thank you

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Most of this is taken care of by the OS. It's not at all like Windows. There are some cache cleaner apps. I use Storage Analyser periodically to look for leftovers.

SD Maid also has some helpful tools. Just have to be careful about what one deletes. Best to leave things where they are, if one is unsure of why it's there.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    One thing that helps a bit is to clear the app's cache and data before uninstalling it.

Cheers, Dave
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    From my experience, it's the rare app that doesn't clear data and cache when it's uninstalled. For those that don't, more than likely doing it through Settings before uninstalling will still leave stuff behind. These tend to be apps that create their own folders for cache and downloads. The latter still needs to be cleaned manually through a file manager. Storage Analyzer flags these folders as possible orphans, if it detects them.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Remove Ads

Ads