• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Auto Rotate not working

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Right next to the volume rocker, below the power button, there is a little slider-switch that has a picture of a lock on it with two circular arrows. If that switch is pulled down (away from the volume rocker) it will show a little bit of red under the switch position. That indicates the orientation lock is enabled. Simply slide the switch the other way to disable the orientation lock.

On a side note my first thrive's accelerometer stopped working, no mater which position I put the lock switch in it wouldn't rotate, and any apps that use the accelerometer (like leveling apps) just showed a fixed position, even after multiple factory resets. So I had to take it back. But this one has been good.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    oh i found it. the case i have it in was blocking it! yay thank u so much!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    i am having the same issue... but i cannot find "the red bar" by the volume button. please help!

It's just that little button next to the volume - part of the volume button. It's got a funny looking symbol on it tyat is supposed to look like a rotating screen. Just push that to the side and auto rotate should be re-enabled.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just Received my 16gb Thrive and the auto rotate seems to not work too. Verified switch is on and when you are in the settings when you toggle the switch it enables/disables your ability to turn off/on the auto rotation . how ever I tried the NFS demo and it seems to detect the motion, is there an app that tests the auto rotation feature???

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you so much...I had the same issue exactly. Was sure my 11 y.o. daughter screwed up but it was me.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. I fixed mine as s result of your post

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdawg View Post
    Just Received my 16gb Thrive and the auto rotate seems to not work too. Verified switch is on and when you are in the settings when you toggle the switch it enables/disables your ability to turn off/on the auto rotation . how ever I tried the NFS demo and it seems to detect the motion, is there an app that tests the auto rotation feature???
    Just try the native browser. If it rotates when you turn it, your auto-rotate works. Some apps have settings to lock an orientation, and if I remember correctly, some apps won't rotate, but that seems rarer these days. I no longer have the NFS demo so I can't test that one out for you.
    Last edited by rhea; 12-28-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads