• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Root/Unroot Walktrhough using Easy-Root Tool (Youtube)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Thanks much, the video clarified a few things for me. Quick question, once I get my Thrive, should I do the initial setup and update to 0032(if it isn't already)? Just want to get started in proper fashion.
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome! Ready and Forward!

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    I would recommend upgrading to the latest update (0032) first, then rooting if you are planning on it.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    sgthwjack likes this.
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Bump this should be stickied!

Evo Shift 4G->Rom Changes Daily (Flashing OCD)

Toshiba Thrive->DaleNet-Thrive-HTK55D.31.5.0002-Modded_Stock_ROM-v1.2.zip w/ OOM Rom

Why it Takes so long to get Updates:

http://goo.gl/rYRTz

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FdxRider View Post
    Bump this should be stickied!

Thanks, glad you found it helpful!
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Great Videos! Thanks

Thread is now a sticky...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having a problem unrooting my thrive. I have 0032. Can you not unroot 0032? I have followed the youtube video to the T and my thrive is still rooted. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe1 View Post
    I am having a problem unrooting my thrive. I have 0032. Can you not unroot 0032? I have followed the youtube video to the T and my thrive is still rooted. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance.
    There is no reason you should not be able to unroot 0032. I do it quite often while working my ROMs. If you want, you can flash my stock ROM and see if that goes OK. You could also try my rooted ROM and see if your issues with backup are fixed.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Interesting. I didn't just walk you through it I actually was unrooting mine so I could get the OTA update.

I'll have to try unrooting my thrive in 0032 to see how it works.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm new to the forum and to root and really need your help. I have read and used Dalepl's batch script to root my Thrive and still have no success. I suspect maybe the USB ADB drivers did not install correctly... although, when I launch the toshiba_easy_flash_tool.bat file it states the download was successful but just sits waiting on the device to fully boot long after the device booted. I also noticed I receive a Windows pop up stating "device drive not sucessful".

Checking my device Mngr on Windows on the Portable device AT100 the drivers installed are the following: windows\system32\drivers\UMDF\wpdMtpDr.dll, winusb.sys, wudfrd.sys, wpdmtp.dll, wpdmtpUS.dll

When I try to update the device drivers using the usb adb driver file windows states I already have the most current drivers installed and will not allow to install... I'm baffled and stuck!

No doubt this is elementary but if someone could lead "the blind" here I would be very grateful for your help.

Thanks

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    You can always open up the device manager, right click on the driver its "supposed" to be and uninstall drivers so you can start over.

Once that happens head on over to this thread install the correct ADB drivers. Now make sure to read through the thread because there is word that some of the drivers you might be using are either outdated or incorrectly modified.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads