• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Root/Unroot Walktrhough using Easy-Root Tool (Youtube)

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    You will need to PM me. Be sure to tell me who you are. What ROM you where running. What you did and what happened.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OKay thanks goes first to Dalepl for going out of his way to walk me thru... I was rooted on the favum 1.1 rom and had a big incident happen...I was trying to unroot so I can update the new ICS via SS....SO I went thru with the DaleNet Tool and messed up there....It booted and was bricked at the Toshiba screen...So from there talked to MR Fix-It....
    Helped me out show me how to root the CORRECT way....FLashed the newest ICS STOCK ROM and I am back on top baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toshiba Thrive ICS Rooted And SUited By the BEST Dalepl

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    all 1st i want to appologize if this has been addressed here already, but im new to this forum and still familiarizing with both the thrive and this forum. im running droid 4.0.4, kernel 2.6.39.4-g2388484, build no. imm76d.01.000072314

can i root this device? yes i updated it to the latest rom from Toshiba. it was not rooted before. i know you guys can point me in the right direction. thanks.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Nope.
    Rooting can't now (or probably ever) be done on ICS OTA.

It's been addressed many, many times, notably :

[WARNING] ICS Update

At this point you have 2 choices:

1. Leave it as is.

2. PM dalepl. He can most likely roll you back to HC. Then you can root THAT and install either rooted HC or rooted ICS ROMs.

Note that the rollback will cause the loss of all apps, data, media, documents etc. So you must back up all of these to be reinstalled/restored when you're back up and running.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What is the reason "How to rollback from ICS OTA?" information is not shared in this form?

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Because there is not sn easy way to do it. I do it for people when I have time, but the tools can truley brick a device if not used correctly. YOu can tell you know what you are doing and all that kind of stuff, but I fix devices all the time from people who think they know what they are doing. Also, it allows me to see and tell you if the device has a hardware issue and not just a ROM issue.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am another casualty that dalepl helped. He took his own time to roll me back and its not often you find someone who helps people they dont even know. Thanks again to dalepl.
    rosalie likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I too am a casualty that was helped by dalepl. He is truly THE MAN!!!! He used his own time and rolled me back and hooked me up with Rooted ICS Goodness. This man is a Saint! dalepl for president!!!! Thanks again dalepl!
    lectric.chuck likes this.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Remove Ads

Ads