• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Rooted, but want to update to ICS

Maybe... I have a rooted Thrive and would like to update to ICS, but I seem to remember that I can't update through the service center while rooted. Let me know what I need to do to get to where I want to go from where I am. My old desktop system is now out of the picture so I will have to start from square "0" probably. I don't want to make a coffee coaster out of this thing. I'm certainly not remembering much of anything about how I got where I am today from the stock device, but it involved dalepl's ROMs and utilities.

Android version 3.2.1
    Kernel version 2.6.36.3-00020-g3d351b6
    android-toshiba@dps3build10#1

Build no. HTK55D.31.5.0003

EJ

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    When you rooted, was it with the Easy Flash Tool that also installs a custom recovery (ClockworkMod)? All you need is to get a working ROM onto an SD card, reboot into custom recovery, and flash the ROM. You should be able to download it with your Thrive and copy it to a card.

Don't worry about not being able to update through Toshiba. You wouldn't want to use their version of ICS anyway. Dalepl took it made a lot of improvements, especially stability, but also turning some pre-installed bloatware (like Kaspersky) from system apps to user apps, allowing them to be uninstalled.

Be warned that this update necessarily wipes your Thrive fully. Before you run it, make sure to back up your personal data.

[ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Remove Ads

Ads