• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AmEv

Thread: A couple common questions I'd like to answer with BootErrors...

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    268 times
    Twitter
    AmEv7Fam

A couple common questions I'd like to answer with BootErrors...

So, you tried rooting, and your build has an exploit fixed. Or, you needed to unroot to get repairs done. However, something went horribly wrong, and you're stuck on the "Unrecoverable Bootloader Error" message.

Is there anything I can do about it on my end?
    Unfortunately, no. Why? Read on.

What can I do?
    Literally, your only two options are to PM pio_masaki or dalepl.

What about stock recovery? Any update.zip?
    As of now, nope. You just might, might be lucky if you're on HC and are able to pull the update.zip from Toshiba's servers to upgrade to another version. (These update.zip files are signed, and only Toshiba has the signing tool. Also, these files check which version of Android is installed. Then you might be able to run the right tool....)

What about ADB in recovery mode?
    Two kinda major issues: 1: ADB isn't enabed by default in stock recovery. Even if you force the tick in stock (it's possible), 2: /system doesn't get mounted, meaning the sh app is literally unaccessible.

I got repairs done, and lost my important files!
    Exactly why everything has warnings about backing up files when flashing stuff or running tools. (Murphy's law, guys!)

So, yeah, just PM as soon as you can, otherwise, nice 10"-ish paperweight!
    Last edited by AmEv; 08-31-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    lectric.chuck likes this.
    Have a desire to throw money at my screen? Don't. Nothing'll happen. Use PayPal instead!
    Are you "thriving" for Ubuntu, and/or a Tegra 2 expert? I need your help! I've hit developer's block!
    Got OTA ICS? Want root? Go here!

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads