• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Webcam project for the Devs...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Yes, thank you. I found it very interesting and worth checking into
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Thanks for the Sticky! Although I can't take credit for the mod. It was actually done on a Nexus 7 first by someone else. I did come up with the idea of disabling the front camera. It was the only way to get the other apps that have camera capability to have access to the webcam.

I have seen one little glitch when recording video. After stopping the recording, the video may become garbled. The quick solution is go back to normal camera mode and then back to recording mode. It appears to be a resolution thing.

This should be a valuable mod for those that see its potential uses.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    268 times
    Twitter
    AmEv7Fam
    Dude. This is freakin' awesome!I'll be using this when recording my floppy music, as I now have a decent webcam.
    Have a desire to throw money at my screen? Don't. Nothing'll happen. Use PayPal instead!
    Are you "thriving" for Ubuntu, and/or a Tegra 2 expert? I need your help! I've hit developer's block!
    Got OTA ICS? Want root? Go here!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I indeed will also be using this new information myself as i now help with security functions at a local motel and can use this to have a type of security camera outside my room window to keep an eye on the guests vehicles at night time ... and since i rarely have a need for the front camera this is a perfect option for me

-=edit=- as far as a root text editor goes i recommend ES file explorer it is a fully functional root capable file explorer and has many included tools including a root text editor .. i have been using it for almost as long as i have been using android and it has yet to fail me on any task i require of it .. just search it up on the play store. it is a free download and well worth the time ... also if you are new to this program i recommend an older version as it will be easier to navigate and learn ... the newest update to this program has made major changes to how it looks and operates but appears to have all the same functionality as the older versions do. ^.=.^
    Last edited by AndroidDragon; 05-08-2013 at 10:47 PM.
    16GB Thrive AT100 running DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ICS 4.0.4 with Turboprop Mod and the ported Red Cobalt theme by "t1nk"
    I accidentally let my mind wander and it never came back! O.=.o
    Charizard terminator avatar pic by angelonero on deviantart.com

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Been a while, but here's a quick update. It's definitely a CM10 thing. This mod will not work under a mostly stock ROM like dalepl's. Works fine under CM10 based ROMs like pio's though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads