• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Developer

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    There is a folder structure in the zip file that, as far as I know, should be kept intact. This is the location the restore tool in nandroid looks for backed up files. So just extract the 7z file to the root of your SD card, and run the restore tool.
    Yes I know this needs to be clearer in the instructions, I'll write them down someplace. :-) Maybe today.

ˇˇˇVIVA LA THRIVE-ALUTION!!!
    Click here to donate for my hard work!
    I've worked tirelessly for the first week to get root, and posting images, into second week and creating guides for you.
    I've helped many of you to get root working. Have a heart, donate to your devs.
    Don't just donate to me, find DJ_Steve, and donate to him too. He was the magic behind the method.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, i see that it unzips to the clockworkmod folder with the date and time stamps. I think i have it now, CWM saw the folder with that backup date and I am applying it now.

I'm up and running thanks for the help, one thing i previously did wrong was extracting the boot.img and system.img that are under the backup folder and trying to apply it. The CW restore is looking for the absolute path to the correct folder structure.
    Last edited by Simul8tr; 08-02-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Yep. =)

I've worked tirelessly for the first week to get root, and posting images, into second week and creating guides for you.
    Don't just donate to me, find DJ_Steve, and donate to him too. He was the magic behind the method.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Guys,
    New to this forum - moving.
    Last edited by audiophiliac; 08-08-2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Posted to wrong thread

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Audiopiliac, first probably a bad thread to be posting this on, as there are other newer root images in this forum, that I've created... including a stock restore point.
    The ltoDLService is a service made by pega.com. they are, what appears to me, a statistical analysis group, where that service is probably gathering statistical information about how people use the thrive.
    as the service is vague in nature, I can't provide much more information.
    As far as a few people having issues with it. I can only say it's probably another app that is conflicting with it. Because if it was a just something that was failing, everyone would see the same issue.

now, as I've been told, deodexed, is not exactly the right term, as there is no odex security on the thrive. What Is Odex And Deodex In Android [Complete Guide]
    I'm guessing you mean debloated? Which I'm hoping to release an image this week that'll be debloated, but it sounds like you've already done it with your rooted thrive.
    Last edited by austeregrim; 08-08-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry about that. Feel free to move this to the introduction thread. As for deoxed, lets just say i am still used to messing with my samsung vibrant and have yet to update my vocabulary :=)

Ads