• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    68 times

Exclamation Toshiba Thrive Trimmed CW Restore

Toshiba Thrive Trimmed CW Restore

This image requires Clockwork recovery already installed.
    Download DisabledTill I Have a new location link.

File name: Thrive-RootedTrimmed-SBswr-AG072811.7z
    MD5: 3e8ae848b285df73266f86f1ac52fcf7
    Device: Thrive
    Rooted: Rooted + Trimmed
    Stat: SB - System and Boot
    cwr - Clock Work Restore
    Stamp: AG - AustereGrim
    072811 - MMDDYYYY

Note: This is the thrive android 3.1 is rooted and trimmed, and has a custom boot animation. Free in the market "live dmesg lite". It has the recovery blaster prevented, and all bloatware removed. May still have some Toshiba system files I didn't feel comfortable removing. (There should be a backup file of the stock boot animation, you can recover that in place, to restore original boot animation) This also includes the Netflix "hack", not netflix itself.

Based off the Toshiba Thrive stock image: 3.1.01.5.0023
    Last edited by austeregrim; 08-04-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    ˇˇˇVIVA LA THRIVE-ALUTION!!!
    Click here to donate for my hard work!
    I've worked tirelessly for the first week to get root, and posting images, into second week and creating guides for you.
    I've helped many of you to get root working. Have a heart, donate to your devs.
    Don't just donate to me, find DJ_Steve, and donate to him too. He was the magic behind the method.

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    @austeregrim. Again, good to see you taking this by the horn. Again, even though I asked and you may pot it in the other thread, can you provide a sceen shot of the custom boot image. Also, can you list what you removed. It is just nice to have a complete list of items removed. You also might want to explain that these are recovery images that replace the system partition. Remember, despite warnings, noobs will do this and then start asking the questions. The more information you provide the better.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Yep dale, I will I was planning on doing some of that last weekend, but I got too busy, running around with my girl. :-)
    I've worked tirelessly for the first week to get root, and posting images, into second week and creating guides for you.
    Don't just donate to me, find DJ_Steve, and donate to him too. He was the magic behind the method.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I grabbed this from you post in Tabletroms last night, been working flawlessly so far.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Thanks misk! Glad it's working for you!

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hey austeregrim I am wondering, is this the same CW restore file that I got from tabletroms last night? I only ask because I don't see a boot animation at all when I boot up. I don't really care personally, but thought you might want to know.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    The text on the screen is the boot animation. It's dmesg live lite.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Yeah I looked up what it was supposed to be, but I am only getting the Toshiba leading innovation image then the lock screen and nothing else. Like I said before I personally could care less about the boot animation, just thought it might be something you'd want to know since you posted that it was in there.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Hrm.. it shouldn't... interesting. I'll check it out. I want to get the unroot images up first. :-)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Help

I'm so far behind I'm still stuck on 0023 and i tried to just use my restore point on cw but it won't let me update - can you please restore the link for the 0023 restore point?

****nevermined installed the 0029 restore img will go from there.
    Last edited by dutchesz; 08-21-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Remove Ads

Ads