• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: [ROM] Kuroikaze Jellybean Builds

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki

[ROM] Kuroikaze Jellybean Builds

NEW THREAD HERE

For those who are interested in jellybean for our Thrives, but can't / won't / don't want to build along with us, I will be posting occasional builds here for people to play with. These builds will include my modified kernel (available separate in this forum as well) and include occasionally different source from my Kuroikaze builds, namely a memory bar graph in recent apps. Not all builds may contain this feature, though I like it so I tend to build it in there.

Before attempting to install this ROM please read THIS WARNING!

Kernel source is available here:
    pio-masaki Github
    Device tree is available here:
    pio_masaki Thrive Device Tree

I attempt to mirror any and all changes by tybar, and implement a few device tree changes myself in attempts to fix issues. Generally any fixes I have that are ahead of tybar get implemented into his tree as well, and we are usually within a day of being synced.

Known issues:
    GPS locks can be slow.

Working:
    Boots and runs, and is quite fast
    WiFi
    Bluetooth (needs more testing)
    Sound (mostly, haven't had many issues with it yet). I may implement TinyHal later
    Touch Screen
    Camera
    GPS
    Sensors
    Rotation
    HDMI out (video and audio)
    HW Video Decode
    HW Video Acceleration (UI Project Butter)
    Full Audio switching
    Internal Mic
    Everything on the tablet itself, some external accessories may not fully work.

Features:

Now based on Team Baked's Black Bean 6 source, which includes source merged from :
    AOKP
    Cyanogenmod
    Paranoid Android
    Based on Google AOSP Source
    "Balthesaur" Overclock kernel
    Usual assortment of build.prop tweaks/mods
    PMR compatible (choose AOSP based)
    AlsaMixer compatible (KAT app works well for volume controls if its to low for your liking)
    Built from updated source each major build number, sub numbers denote changes to a given source build.
    ROM Control
    Hidable navigation bar (expanded desktop)
    Black UI
    init.d support as well as settings for various kernel and init scripts and tweaks including sysctl
    Full shutdown menu with restart, screen shot, everything you could want
    Community driven = everything is listened to and considered, help always welcomed
    And much more that I'm forgetting about or haven't discovered yet...

Paranoid Android alternate ROM:
    Various users have requested that instead of putting time into CM10 or Black Bean, I do Paranoid Android. I'm not a big fan of this rom, however enough users have requested it that I went ahead and put the time into getting it to build from source for the Thrive. Its a taste of PA on the Thrive, I won't be devoting much time to this. For this reason I simply added it into my ROM thread vs a new thread for it, though if I get enough posts about it, it will have to be moved to its own thread.

Bugs:
    UI is buggy, which honestly I expected since PA does nothing BUT interfere with the UI. The nav bar is small, the home, back and recent apps icons are tiny. Not sure if the UI tuning and switching abilities even work since I had to force the nav bar to even show up in the first place.

Otherwise contains any bugs that are normal for the Thrive, possible paid apps issues, possible storage issues.
    Last edited by pio_masaki; 01-02-2013 at 08:22 PM.
    JiveTurkee, t1nk, Indest and 9 others like this.

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Stop downloading before I post them here, I keep getting multiple downloads listed before I even finish uploading! I'll post when its available.

Downloads:

Kuroikaze-Thrive Build3
    Kuroikaze-Thrive Build 4
    Kuroikaze-Thrive Build 5 (failure: kernel V0.3 issue)
    Kuroikaze-Thrive Build 6
    Kuroikaze-Thrive Build 7
    Kuroikaze-Thrive Build 8
    Kuroikaze-Thrive Build 9
    Kuroikaze-Thrive Build 10
    Kuroikaze-Thrive Build 11.1
    Kuroikaze-Thrive Build 14
    Kuroikaze_Thrive Build 14.1
    Kuroikaze-Thrive Build 14.3 - Phablet UI (requested custom build)
    Kuroikaze-Thrive Build 15
    Alternate ROM - Paranoid Android
    Paranoid Android Build 1

Change Log:
    Build 3 = Initial uploaded release.

Build 4 = Cameras working. Gallery opens. Front and rear cameras open view, capture may or may not work at all or correctly. Included a new kernel with GPU OC that should only be used for CM10, NOT ICS.

Build 5 = Failure, kernel changes prevented it's use, another kernel was needed.

Build 6 = New kernel V0.4 implemented.

Build 7 = Sensors and Rotation are now working. GPS should now operate correctly. Minor update to the kernel for rotation lock switch.

Build 8 = Video HW Decode should now be functional. Rotate lock switch should now be functional. Autobrightness may now be functional.

Build 9 = Full UI HW Acceleration (Project Butter). Rotation lock switch should actually be fixed this time. Some kernel changes for Play Store apps issues (may or may not work). Huge thanks to jbettcher for his work on the UI Acceleration, without it we wouldn't be near having it.

Build 10 = Full audio switching, internal mic works. Possible fix to Paid store apps not installing. FULL WIPE installing this.

Build 11 = Updated to base 4.1.2
    Build 11.1 = Additional implementations to the kernel for some more features including additional VFP support, Loop devices support and a bump to GPU OC. Kernel only changes compared to 11. Loop devices support may address (partly or fully) the Paid Apps issue.

Build 14 = All prior issues are resolved, paid apps etc all work. Based on Black Bean 6 sources now. AOKP, CM, Paranoid Android sources merged in for a fully customizable ROM. Runs Balthesaur V1 kernel.

Build 14.1 = Replaced kernel with the kernel from Unified Build 2 "Bodacious_Bobcat" so paid apps should work again. Matching modules also included. Full rom, dirty flash can be done, wipe cache and dalvik before booting. Storage is broken for some users.

Build 14.3 = Working storage, broken paid apps (I think). Build due to a request by Xyler, its otherwise the same thing as 14.1 with update 2 applied. Full ROM, dirty flash should be fine, wipe cache and dalvik as usual.

Build 15 = Working storage and paid apps. Uses the ramdisk/inits/kernel/modules from when I built U3, contains all fixes and tweaks applied to U3 as well, init.d scripts and some build.prop tweaks. Its technically Build 14.9, but I just rounded up as so much changed in this version. I'll have a fresh build up in the next few days I think. I'll also update PA for those who wish to use it instead. Does not include 720p recording though (forgot that one, sorry guys)

NOTE
    Build 14 is the current test bed for ironing out some of the last bugs, namely the storage bug where some users don't have their sd cards available. Its hard to track as I don't have this issue, it works fine for me, but not for other users, I'm working on it and a couple users have been gracious enough to keep flashing random stuff I throw in the hopes of fixing it. Namely j.anderson, diesburg and bostonbassman78. A user or two deserve slaps with trouts, but I'll leave that out.

Alternate ROM - Paranoid Android:
    Build 1 = Initial build, finicky UI, likely has the usual Thrive Jelly Bean bugs including storage and/or paid apps. Also will introduce new bugs specific to PA.

PA Notes:
    User Xyler mentions this tip for the small UI issue it has:
    "On paranoid build for bigger status bar and nav after applying a phablet, phone or tablet mode go to Paranoid Settings >apps>system ui>swipe to next page> 600px > apply> reset> 600px>swipe next page> force> swipe next screen> large screen> apply> reboot. And now its fixed. "

User j.anderson also mentions this for the same effect:
    "or you can manually edit pa.conf in system/etc/pa .. just edit everything that's at 0 to 160 "

For file specific information, please use this link HERE. This will list all of the ROMs, and each has it's own changelog available.
    Last edited by pio_masaki; 11-12-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    this is my boomstick

Please try to keep talk about this ROM(s) in this thread, it's not directly tied to the Unified CM10 project, of which there are the Dev thread and the General thread. This is based on AOSP, not CM10, though it has plenty of CM10 in it, it can't be considered the same thing, much more is modded and changed, and therefore presents its own bugs that can't be held against the Unified builds. I'm sorry for not clarifying this earlier, but I can't change the actual thread title, so it does still say CM10 even though that is no longer the case.

Tybar for his work on this project!
    Jbettcher Huge contributions to the project!
    Indest for the wiki and pitching in testing in IRC!
    Godmachine (xda) for his work on the T20 Kernels, of which this kernel uses bits from.
    ezTerry (xda) for his work on the T20 Kernels, of which this kernel uses bits from.
    The rest of the guys throwing in work on this project!
    Team Baked for their work that was used for Build 14
    diesburg for flashing random fixes chasing the storage bug.
    j.anderson for flashing random fixes chasing the storage bug.
    bostonbassman78 for flashing random fixes chasing the storage bug.
    To everyone who donated to me when my Thrive's audio blew up and got me a replacement!
    Paranoid Android - used their source to build a PA ROM for our device.
    I'll be adding more, don't worry. If you aren't listed it isn't personal.
    Last edited by pio_masaki; 11-12-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1959 times
    Nice. Looks like things are moving along. Keep up the great work guys.
    bostonbassman78 and jorge505 like this.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Sweet, thanks bud..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Build 4 is up, the same build that I discovered has at least partially working cameras. Feel free to check it out. Also, kernel includes GPU OC.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Excellent work

Hi pio. I've been using your builds for the past few days and I must say im impressed. I get problems with superuser after first boot, constantly asks for permissions for apps that have already been approved and won't let you update binary, but flashing a new version has righted the problem in both builds 3 and 4. Other than that general use is smooth as silk. Can't wait for the next installment. :-) Unfortunately I've got an old pentium system which is 32bit so building isnt possible for me so thank you very much for posting your work. Very kind of you.

Ta

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by obviousd View Post
    Hi pio. I've been using your builds for the past few days and I must say im impressed. I get problems with superuser after first boot, constantly asks for permissions for apps that have already been approved and won't let you update binary, but flashing a new version has righted the problem in both builds 3 and 4. Other than that general use is smooth as silk. Can't wait for the next installment. :-) Unfortunately I've got an old pentium system which is 32bit so building isnt possible for me so thank you very much for posting your work. Very kind of you.

Ta
    Well you can still build. May take 14 hours, but you could a clean build takes me about 2:10 on a good day.

Uploading today's tester now. Includes updates to the kernel including a different max speed which hopefully is more stable then before. Or I broke stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    iandyT likes this.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    cant wait for them sensors

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    On build 8 and will never go back to stock ICS. Very stable with minor flickering in a couple apps. I'm wondering if DRM is something that will be fixed eventually. I would really like to see hulu plus work on this tablet while maintaining root. Again, LOVE THIS ROM.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    kpappas likes this.

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads