• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

A question about CWM backup files

I did a CWM backup on my (newly rooted) Thrive. After the rooting process it has the CWM touch version 6.something. It appears to have put the backup data on the internal SD. Should I move it to the external SD. Can I just copy there or should I move it or copy and then delete the original? Or should I just leave it where it is?

Ed J

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Very odd as it should always default to external. Should be safe to move/copy. Though you should verify the MD5's. A good one click app is
    AVF (Android File Verifier), just select the folder.
    Last edited by mcarver2000; 09-05-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Did you check both internal and external, and the date in the folder name? Also, please verify which 6.0.x.x you are talking about, there are now 3-4versions posted. Thankd.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The version I have is 6.0.1.1. I may just be confused (a state I have been in most of the time since I came into contact with Android). Using the Toshiba file manager, I show three icons at the top, one a memory chip array, one an SD card, and one a USB memory stick. The backup is in the clockworkmod folder on the SD card. Now, I think the internal memory is also an SD card. Does this mean that backup is on the removable SD card perhaps?

While on the subject of file managers, what do I need to have?

My tablet shows no "device administrators". Should I set up a device administrator (hopefully that would be me).

Ed J

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    Very odd as it should always default to external. Should be safe to move/copy. Though you should verify the MD5's. A good one click app is
    AVF (Android File Verifier), just select the folder.
    What to verify it to?

This, Clockworkmod touch, was installed by the Dalepl's Easy Flash Tool when I rooted the tablet.

Thanks for your help.

Ed J

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TLARbb View Post
    The version I have is 6.0.1.1. I may just be confused (a state I have been in most of the time since I came into contact with Android). Using the Toshiba file manager, I show three icons at the top, one a memory chip array, one an SD card, and one a USB memory stick. The backup is in the clockworkmod folder on the SD card. Now, I think the internal memory is also an SD card. Does this mean that backup is on the removable SD card perhaps?

While on the subject of file managers, what do I need to have?

My tablet shows no "device administrators". Should I set up a device administrator (hopefully that would be me).

Ed J
    The memory chip array is the internal SD card (sdcard).
    The SD card is the external SD card (sdcard2).
    The USB is exactly what it indicates.
    So, if the backup is on the SD card, then it is on the external card and that is the way it should be.

File managers are a personal choice. I use Ghost Commander (with SMB plugin), ES File Explorer, File Manager HD, and Wifi File Explorer depending on what I'm doing, though it's mostly GH and ESFE. I suggest you give them and others a try.

I have no device administrators set either.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    I was referring to the CWM (nandroid) backup. It creates MD5 checksums, verify that the are correct with AFV.

Quote Originally Posted by TLARbb View Post
    What to verify it to?

This, Clockworkmod touch, was installed by the Dalepl's Easy Flash Tool when I rooted the tablet.

Thanks for your help.

Ed J
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mcarver, thank you. That information is somewhat like the first rain after a drought, it is just sitting on top and hasn't sunk in yet. I'll give it some time. This root, recovery, is all very new to me and I tend to walk around it and look a lot. I don't really want a $300 brick if I can help it.

Dave, thanks a lot for your reply. I kind of thought that might be the case as I didn't notice how to tell CWM where to put the backup. I'll take a look at those file managers.

Ed J

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    If you want to ensure your backup is on the SDcard, remove it and put it in a PC. Look at it and you should see a ClockWorkMod folder. In that folder will be a backup folder and then a folder with a date of your backup. Inside should be the backup files.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Dalepl,

Yes, I will do that tonight. But I am 99% sure that's where the backup folder is located. On a related issue, is the 6.0.1.1 version of clockworkmod touch the proper version to be used.

Ed J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads