• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheSmithsinDe

Thread: Kindle VS Google Play Book Question

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Kindle VS Google Play Book Question

I have the Reader for Google Play Books and Like it...

Few Questions

If I add a Kindle Reader on there will it complicate anything?

Am I gaining anything?

I'm guessing the Books I buy from Amazon won't show up in the Google Reader and vice versa...?

They seem to be priced the same on both?

I buy alot from Amazon and last night I ordered a book from Amazon by habit....and got confused so I went in and cancelled it and repurchased from Google.....

Let me know and thank you.

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    I have Kindle android app on my tablet. I also have Kindle installed on my laptop. It will not complicate anything. What you gain is you have a duplicate of everything that is on your Kindle on your tablet. You are correct the books you buy from Amazon will not show up in the Google Reader. The books you purchase from Amazon will only show up in your Kindle app once you install it on your tablet.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have both and tend to buy books based on which seller has the best price.

Sent from my AT1S0 using Tapatalk

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Ditto re. both readers....in fact I have four different readers and they do not conflict. One has free (old) SF storiess that I cannot get on Kindle or Google Books.....I love the old science fiction that had stories where the hero was not always inspecting his bellybutton and having family troubles. He would just see a problem and fix it.
    Running a stock 16 GB Thrive with ICS and a 32 GB Thrive with ICS. Haven't found courage to hack one or the other.
    I also have (my wife thinks its hers) an Excite 7.7 with ICS @16 gigs and a 32 gig micro sandisk SD card

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by epags View Post
    Ditto re. both readers....in fact I have four different readers and they do not conflict. One has free (old) SF storiess that I cannot get on Kindle or Google Books.....I love the old science fiction that had stories where the hero was not always inspecting his bellybutton and having family troubles. He would just see a problem and fix it.
    You may be able to use Calibre to import the files and export them in mobi format so that you can load them to your kindle app on the Thrive.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I'm not sure about Google, but with Amazon offering so many free books, and with its free library (1/month, free to borrow,) I rarely buy books any longer. There are series I follow and am willing to pay for, but there's also a lot of free content on Amazon.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gathermewool View Post
    I'm not sure about Google, but with Amazon offering so many free books, and with its free library (1/month, free to borrow,) I rarely buy books any longer. There are series I follow and am willing to pay for, but there's also a lot of free content on Amazon.
    Thank you all and thank you for that info Gath.. I'll have to check into that.. I follow the Stone Barringtons, Alex Cross, Lindsay Boxer, Holly Barker and now Private...Between Stuart Woods & James Patterson that is all I have time for.
    HeSaid likes this.

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    i have both and both works very good.

Remove Ads

Ads