• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: LogMeIn is Free Friday App in Toshiba App Place - Full Version or Trial?

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

LogMeIn is Free Friday App in Toshiba App Place - Full Version or Trial?

Hi all, just noticed LogMeIn Ignition is Free App Friday in the Toshiba App Place. Is it the full $30 version or just the free trial, same as anytime? I installed the Toshiba vers▀ion even though i had another app install previous which is currently on trial period, so I logged in to my same email addy/pass I set up before?. Can anyone figure it out? If its the full version, how do I make sure I have the right license?

Kinda new to all this so need a bit of help, and to let everyone know in case it IS the $29 app for free.

-------------------------

UPDATE: I think this is the FULL version guys. I just got this email from Toshiba App Place:

Dear Gina,

Thank you for ordering LogMeIn Ignition. To begin using the new version, simply click on the app icon on your tablet. You will now have access to the full version of the app.
    Below is a summary of your order. Please review this carefully.

Sincerely,
    Toshiba App Place« Customer Support

-----------------------------------

Grab it while you can!!! I'll post a heads up in the main forum too, so everyone will see it, there's not much time left for it.

Gina
    Last edited by gina; 03-30-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    tkrein likes this.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Thanks Gina...will check it out. There was a guy that posted yesterday that he paid for that app from Toshiba app place and had to uninstall/ reinstall for some reason and when he tried to reinstall he could find no way to do it. Several conversations with Toshiba and all they would tell him is to reset his tablet and then he could get the app. At least it's free now, but be careful since you probably won't be able to recover it if something happens and you need to reinstall. You would think they would have sent him a link to the file. Thanks again. I didn't know Toshiba had free apps on Friday. While I would never purchase from them after hearing the above experience, I will check out any free apps they have.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Thanks for the heads up, I would be thoroughly ticked if I had purchased it and had that problem.

I'm already having trouble, when i tried to run it, it wouldn't run quite right. I thought it was because i might have another instance of the app installed. I couldn't uninstall the old one for some reason, so I uninstalled the new one, thinking i could grab it again. Can't seem to get it again. :/ still trying.

Updated: I think I must've done the trial through the Toshiba stock app!! That has to be it. That's why it was a much older version number too. Duh.

I'm wondering if they might be having a problem with the file, because I can't get it again through my account, nor through the advertisement for the free app friday deal. Sad, because I actually bought Splashtop even though I liked LogMeIn a bit better for some things, I can't see/afford the $30. I hope I can still get the free full version, but my heart is sinking Sigh.
    Last edited by gina; 03-30-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    For a couple people who responded on the post at the main forum, and I redirected here:

For aawhyte who said: I cant find it in their app store....

For me, it came up right on the home screen. You might try searching on LogMeIn Ignition. That's exact spelling. I wonder if they are only offering it sporadically?

And for rtmaston who said: i tried but it won't let me download it.how did you do it.thanks.

The first time, I just clicked on the "Get" button on the banner advert on the home screen. Now it will not let me download it from my account nor the banner advert. I get an error "try again later" in my app account, and "Order Incomplete" when I click the Get button. This is really....a bummer.

I wonder if they are getting slammed and that's why the downloading errors. That would be a REAL bummer if the gal who told the whole world couldn't get her own app now, lol. But that is how my whole day has been panning out..is it Friday the 13th? lol :P
    Last edited by gina; 03-30-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Why after paulm235's experience did I say oh well it's free so if I have problems nothing lost. HA nothing but my sanity. Downloaded just fine. Set up username and password. Try to sign in with app. It says login failed please make sure you entered correct blah blah. Went to logmein website...same thing. I never even got an email from them like you did Gina. Also tried the stock version of app that came installed on the Thrive. It said my 45 day trial was expired

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Wow the full version for free? Is it my birthday? Lol thanks for the info!!!

Sent From Peaches Thrive using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    I have pressing matters tonight and tomorrow and cannot waste time going back and forth with Toshiba.but they will have a piece of my mind come Monday a.m. I might even go directly to Log me in and send a link to this thread AND the other one. Whatever advantage they may have perceived to be acquiring by letting Toshiba offer their app for free for a day is certainly negated by the problems experienced by would-be customers getting gilted through this (non) transaction
    Last edited by rosalie; 03-30-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    UPDATE ON BELOW: May not want to sign up for a new account, because after I signed up for a new account in the Toshiba App Store, I could not access my old one. It gave me an "invalid credientials" error. This isn't a big deal for me, because I had nothing purchased or downloaded on the old account, but this may affect you adversely if you have purchased apps on your current account.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait Rosalie, here's a couple things you can try. I ended up getting it back thank goodness, i ended up having to sign up another account. It redownloaded just fine after that. I tried uploading another download to box for a backup, but it didnt work. So Rosalie, try that. Also someone posted in the main foum alert that they had to clear the data from the stock LogMeIn app, them it let them download, so give that a shot. Another account won't be a big deal for a free app. Let us know if either of those works.
    Last edited by gina; 03-30-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches037 View Post
    Wow the full version for free? Is it my birthday? Lol thanks for the info!!!

Sent From Peaches Thrive using Tapatalk
    well lol maybe it is if it works for you. Let us know

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    oh wait, Rosalie, you did get the app downloaded? i misread. I cant remember if i had to sign up through the website or through the app. Then i had to download an app on my win computer and configure some things. So as long as you got the app downloaded you should be good...I think. You can get it all up and working later.

Sorry this is so confusing. I am new to android and tablets. Just didn't want anyone to miss out on this app, I would have been upset had I missed it, but it looks like Im the only one that noticed, so only little old newbie me could be the "town crier".
    Last edited by gina; 03-30-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads