• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Google Play just updated to 3.5.15

  1. #11
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    9138
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    51
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    Mine is 3.4.7. I sure hope I get an updated version. Google Play has been acting strangely for me off and on, including a purchased app disappearing, and getting a message when trying to update apps that says the app already exists. Well, yes the app would have to already exist before they offered me an update for it right? Sheesh!
    I'm getting the same thing with the same version of Google play as you have. Notified me of an update to my Maxthon browser, but gave the 'app already exists error.' Strangely it then tried to update it anyway, and just endlessly said updating. I finally closed Google play, rebooted and tried to update again. Second time it worked. Sure hope they work the bugs out soon.

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    8502
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    6,322
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GrDaneTT View Post
    I'm getting the same thing with the same version of Google play as you have. Notified me of an update to my Maxthon browser, but gave the 'app already exists error.' Strangely it then tried to update it anyway, and just endlessly said updating. I finally closed Google play, rebooted and tried to update again. Second time it worked. Sure hope they work the bugs out soon.
    I'm sorry you are having issues too, but if it's any consolation, it's not just us. Another member had an app go missing off her home screen yesterday, and lots of people have been having the endless update loop...both before and after the change to Google Play.
    With me it hasn't been every app that I try to update. Most work just fine, and some of the ones that stall in the update stage are fine after I back out of Google Play then go back in. It's the paid app that went AWOL off my TT that bothers me. Still shows as purchased on Google Play, but when I try to re- install it says it can't because it wasn't purchased...grrrrr. LOL. And I have a ton of apps, some I don't use very often, so I wonder if there are more that jumped ship that Idon't know about yet.

    Hopefully this update will fix all the little bugs. I kinda just expect weirdness with ANY new update anymore. They all usually get worked out with the next update or two. No biggie really, but taking back an app that I paid for, even if it was only 49 cents, well that's just goin'too far LOL.

    I know once the kinks are worked out GP is gonna be cool with the new features. And I did get some great deals on books and apps during the Grand Opening (and only the one went missing later) I think I'll wait for the push though instead of installing the apk now.
    Last edited by rosalie; 03-17-2012 at 04:17 PM.

  4. #13
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    9138
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    51
    Liked
    7 times
    Rosalie,

    It's just more aggravating than anything else. I know with anything as new as HC 3.2 there are going to be glitches. This is my first experience with any android device. Despite the occational frustration, I am thrilled with my Thrive.
    That said, if Google takes back my 49 cent game, I'm going to be ticked I am totally addicted to Quell Reflect

    I'm going to wait as well for the update to be pushed out vs installing the apk
    Last edited by GrDaneTT; 03-17-2012 at 05:06 PM.

  5. #14
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    8502
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    6,322
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GrDaneTT View Post
    Rosalie,

    It's just more aggravating than anything else. I know with anything as new as HC 3.2 there are going to be glitches. This is my first experience with any android device. Despite the occational frustration, I am thrilled with my Thrive.
    That said, if Google takes back my 49 cent game, I'm going to be ticked I am totally addicted to Quell Reflect

    I'm going to wait as well for the update to be pushed out vs installing the apk
    I got Quell Reflect too. Haven't played it yet, but I have heard it's addictive. I got that one for me. The one I lost was called Grow. I got it to keep in a game folder on my desktop for the rare times I have a young child under my watch. Well, I think I'll go check out Quell now, so if it really is that addictive I might be MIA for a while

  6. #15
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    9138
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    51
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    I got Quell Reflect too. Haven't played it yet, but I have heard it's addictive. I got that one for me. The one I lost was called Grow. I got it to keep in a game folder on my desktop for the rare times I have a young child under my watch. Well, I think I'll go check out Quell now, so if it really is that addictive I might be MIA for a while
    You might want to try Quell first. Quell Reflect is the sequel and is harder right from the start compared to Quell. Quell is available on Getjar if you use that market. Good luck

  7. #16
    Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    4232
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    631
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    Mine is 3.4.7. I sure hope I get an updated version. Google Play has been acting strangely for me off and on, including a purchased app disappearing, and getting a message when trying to update apps that says the app already exists. Well, yes the app would have to already exist before they offered me an update for it right? Sheesh!
    Mine is still 3.4.7 too. The only issue I've had is apps disappearing including the actual play app!
    Toshiba Thrive 32gb- DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    HTC Hero Rooted Cyanogen 7

  8. #17
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    8502
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    6,322
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GrDaneTT View Post
    You might want to try Quell first. Quell Reflect is the sequel and is harder right from the start compared to Quell. Quell is available on Getjar if you use that market. Good luck
    Oh, I didn't know. I just started right off with Quell Reflect and finished several levels with the explanations turned on so I could learn how it works. Then I must have dozed off for about 10 minutes. That music is so calming and serene and even the game itself, while challenging, wasn't stressful. Nice game to unwind with.
    Last edited by rosalie; 03-17-2012 at 09:01 PM.

  9. #18
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    8502
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    6,322
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy192 View Post
    Mine is still 3.4.7 too. The only issue I've had is apps disappearing including the actual play app!
    Hi Daisy, well I hope they give us the fixed-up version soon, and no more apps go missing in the mean time.

  10. #19
    Thrive Operative
    Member #
    11994
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    205
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyL75 View Post
    I read an article on the update. Says it will be pushed out over the next few weeks so a lot of ppl probably don't have it yet.
    Yea, i can understand that. It was just funny how quickly i got the Play update compared to this. Perhaps Google got burned by the Play rollout somehow, and is taking it slower this time round?

  11. #20
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    4927
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,069
    Liked
    1983 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidfan75 View Post
    I have the apk If anyone wants it. Let me know and I will up it to db.

    Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Please do: the above link is broken.

    Thanks!
    ~Dan


    Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

    No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

galaxy nexus force play store update
,

google play 3.5.15 error

,

google play store force close

,
google play store force closing xda
,

google play store not updating to 3.5.15

,
google play store thrive
,

logitech revue update

,
oshiba thrive play store update
,

play 3.5.15 unable to update

,
play store force close 3.5.15
,
play store update for toshiba thrive
,
toshiba thrive google play broken
,

toshiba thrive google play force close

,

toshiba thrive google play store force close

,
where is my 3.5.15 update
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.