• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Lookout software email problems

I got a Toshiba Thrive 10.1 for Christmas from my wife and I am really enjoying this tablet. Like other users, I am experimenting with different Apps to see which ones work to my liking. I downloaded and installed "Lookout Security" for the tablet and have been happy with the results. I was told that there was a 14 day trial period for some of the features from the Pro version that I would receive emails from the company a few days before deciding to install the pro version or continue to use just the free version. January 1st, the first email came in but was unreadable because it was in German, I replied with the sentence "English only please". I received a reply from their Customer Service people with a survey to complete asking how I felt about their services and software. Today. I received another email again in German, They haven't learned, and from what I can see, it looks like another reminder for the expiration of the trial period
    Has anyone else on this board had any problems with Lookout like this. I am now re-evaluating whether this is a good company to stay with or not, regardless of their record.
    Last edited by cdnloon; 01-07-2012 at 10:17 AM.

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Perhaps you should check your settings for lookout. It may be set to German. I use lookout and have not had any email problems with them at all.
    John

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been all through the software and can't find any location where it would state language preferences, There doesn't seem to be any profile option

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    Have you tried logging into the website? With lookout there is a profile you create to allow you to login to teh website and track your phone. I used to have Lookout but SeekDroid was free on Amazon one day so I dropped it.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times

My bad

rtfw is correct. Lookouts web site could be of some help. However if you're seeing your settings in your language everything should be fine. You may want to install google translate if the problem persists.
    John

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Signed in finally. Have me listed in Europe-Asia time zone, unable to change this to Central Time in North America. Still haven't found language preference. Also has my account as Cell phone instead of Toshiba Tablet, changed that, but still asking for cell number. Location has me 3 blocks from my home on google maps. 1 day left on trial offer, this is getting more and more irksome. Looks to me like they have lost a client with their software problems. Can't win them all. Any suggestions for better security software on my Thrive would be appreciated.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Try Dr.Web and Avast Mobile Security. They're tops.
    DaleNet-Thrive_10-IMM76D.01.000072314-Deodexed_Stock_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    DaleNet-Thrive_7-HTK55D.31.5.0008-OOM_Rooted_ROM-v1.0 + Avast Mobile Security + AdAway
    Windows XP-Pro-SP3

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Most of the paid for functions will not work without a cell phone support. Otherwise, just stick with the free stuff and forget the trial stuff.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Remove Ads

Ads